Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: manual tilt problem

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy manual tilt problem

Buddy has a 48 hp Johnson manual tilt wont go up but just a little. My question is if it was seized up would it be able to move at all or move just a little. Put a new cable on it 2 years ago boat set all winter with the engine down to keep the water out.Any suggestions or comments would be great i think those cylinders are fairly high just trying to help a buddy save some money get his boat back on the water thanks for any help.
    HERE FISHY FISHY

Post Thanks / Like

danny, there is a wire what unlocks the tilt mechanism and allows you to manually tilt it, sometimes those wires break or bend and it won't allow you to tilt it up ..it should not be seized up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danny
    Buddy has a 48 hp Johnson manual tilt wont go up but just a little. My question is if it was seized up would it be able to move at all or move just a little. Put a new cable on it 2 years ago boat set all winter with the engine down to keep the water out.Any suggestions or comments would be great i think those cylinders are fairly high just trying to help a buddy save some money get his boat back on the water thanks for any help.
    Hey Hub, you get it fixed? They were out of the boat repair on Cabela's. I will keep my eyes on it and order it when it comes in.
    Take your kids hunting and fishing, and you won't be hunting your kids

Post Thanks / Like

Yea we got it fixed found a used one for $50.00 put it on works good. got the dedth finder on took the old one off hes good to go.
    HERE FISHY FISHY

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danny
    Yea we got it fixed found a used one for $50.00 put it on works good. got the dedth finder on took the old one off hes good to go.
    Man wish I had my Depth Finder on and hooked up!
    Take your kids hunting and fishing, and you won't be hunting your kids