Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: [B]Secret Doughball[/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Default [B]Secret Doughball[/B]

Okay all you catfisherman out there, everyone has a doughball they love to use in the spring/summer so here is mine. I should patent this doughball first. I mainly catch channels and flatheads with this dough, and an occassional blue (damn carp love it too unfortunately). OK:

1 lb Ground Beef Hamburger - Not Chuck or Sirloin, Just fatty hamburger
    1 Box Wheaties Cereal
    1 Cup Wheat Germ
    1 Can Cheese-It
    1 small Jar Limburger Cheese (Dairy Section)

With a clothespin over your nose (optional) . In a bowl crush the entire box of wheaties. Add Wheat germ and mix thoroughly (failing to mix thoroughly will give your dough that catches just carp). Add in the hamburger and mix thoroughly. Add in the cheese it and mix. Add in the limburger and mix thoroughly. Break this down into 4 or 5 doughballs and put in (doubled) zip-Loc bags. Dough should be fairly dry, if the dough is too wet, add more wheat germ until the dough is too wet. My dough usually stays on a hook, but if yours doesn't use spring inserted doughball hooks and HOLD ON!
    Caught so many fish today my thumb is sore from clicking the counter.

Post Thanks / Like

nice sounds good to me i think im gonna have to try it i wrote it down in my book and who told me about it ill tell you how it worked for me
    is that a bite...YEAH FISH DONT HAVE HANDS

Post Thanks / Like

bake for 25 minutes in a 350* oven covered in tomatoe sauce and stay home-
    dont waste those goodies on cats ....use live bait !!

VIRGINIA GAMEFISH TAGGING PROGRAM MEMBER

Post Thanks / Like

true enough LOL i bet channels would like it though as i can do the linberger cheese thing jamie

Post Thanks / Like

It's amazing how some people are so critical of someone trying to help. You fish your live bait. I was not trying to substitute for live bait. But I have on many occasions decided to go catfishing at the spur of the moment. Bait shops closed, too late for seining and casting nets. So you have to do something. And this is a lot cheaper than shrimp from the grocery. This doughball is sure fire in the summer. Your picture doesn't make you an expert
    Caught so many fish today my thumb is sore from clicking the counter.

Post Thanks / Like

Default hmmm

i know where your comming from man i occasianally do use some stink baits for channels....but for flatties i use live with personally better luck i even have live now i have made my own bait tank out of a freezer for gills and gold fish and antoher working freezer for prepared baits and a smaller tank for minnows for slabs which usually stays stocked with 100 dozen minnows i buy in bulk and get a mixture of crappie and bass minnows for 25 cents a dozen i could post a thread with my tanks and how i made them if you all would like thx and good fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Before I had enough money to buy a boat, I spent many hours catfishing banks. Live bait works better for big fish. But for years I have fished limburger and hamburger mix, and would not go catfishing without it. It is a very dependable bait, you just need to add enough flour to hold it on the hook.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944