Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Saving up for a new boat - Thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Saving up for a new boat - Thoughts?

I've been all over the spectrum lately when it comes to what boat I want to get. I recently sold my Xpress 17' CC with a 50HP Yamaha. Sold it to kill all my debt this year and become debt free. So, once I have few more bills knocked out I'm going to start saving for a new boat. I hope to have enough saved by the New Year to get what I want rigged the way I want.

Been looking at Lund SSV series, older sit inside style bass boats, etc etc. Then I ran across a Gheenoe.

Although I'm trying to become a better crappie fisherman, I still fish for cats and the occasional bass. I ran across these little boats and for the type of fishing I do they are perfect. I'm not a main lake fisherman and I like to get into place no other boats will go. + , I live 3 hours from the coast and can fish with it there too.

I'm sure you fellows have probably seen these before. There isn't too many in Texas because we lack dealers. They are sweet little boats and have a strong following.

Stick steer I like:

Pic courtesy of customgheenoe.com- CC version

The stick steer looks like the perfect crappie fishing rig for timber and backwaters. I don't fish where it's rough anyway.

Now I must have patience. That's the hard part.

Anyone ever fish out of one of these? They look pretty popular in Florida.
    -Arnie

Post Thanks / Like

Gheenoe is an excellent boat. http://www.customgheenoe.com/

They have a forum.

What you need to do is save and pay cash for some type fairly late model boat.

You probably won't find a Gheenoe in Texas.