Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: going south

Post Thanks / Like

Default going south

Since we are going to have another bout of cold weather here, gonna pack up and fish south georgia for maybe 10days, who cares if the fishing will suck, at least it will be over 50 degrees. These 71 year old bones need to warm up a bit. And I'm tired of bass fishing here, in the cold and wind, not that the fish aren't biting, last week caught one LMB close to 7 lbs, and several SMB over 17 inches, all this on the float and fly method. But just want to sit back, and do some spider rigging, and catch a few crappies, and rst up the body, to come back and wait for our crappie to start, but maybe a few more bass and a striper or two will happen my way. Lake siclair and oconee, may not be as pretty as dale hollow, or lake cumberland, but I know one thing, I can always come back here to a lake, with out houses sitting all over the place,and hundreds of boat docks, and peace and quiet.

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good Luck to ya !

Post Thanks / Like

Larry, Be Careful and Have a good trip!!Hope you catch a bunch! Fished 4 1/2hours Thursday without seeing another Boat{hard to beat ]!! See ya when you get back.
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

Smile hey buddy

Glad to hear you are out again, hope the health issue is better.I've been fishing cumberland mostly, gave up on dale, to hard to launch, and there is something weird happening there , the last two times i was there, i found more horses a--es than horses, how is that possible. Is there any water in the wolf now?

Post Thanks / Like

Is came up about 4 feet-can use the ramp here again. I"ve had a fellow try to follow me the 2 times prior to yesterday. Blue john type boat-ran off an left him just to have him find me later!! LOL-Oh Well!! Still having some problems but better then before. Hope to get togeather when you get back-we"ll try to catch some..
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

Smile amen

Thats great news, will look you up, maybe you can wipe out all the white bass next time