Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Banks Lake Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Banks Lake Report

I fished Banks lake from about 6:30 this morning till noon. What an absolutely beautiful lake. Its a shame this was my first time going and I have lived here four years. Using shiners and khalins blue curly tails I managed to slay them....all two of them. hehe. The fishing was really slow. There are hundreds of cypress trees on the lake. They range from having about 2 feet of water around them all the way up to a bunch sitting in 9 to 10 feet of water. I fished all depths. The water temp was 69, so I thought the crappie would be shallow spawning, but nothing came from shallow. Caught the two at about 7 feet area. They hit hard though. So they were feeding. The crappie are beautiful in that lake. Almost completely black...with a slight greenish tint to them. If anyone has any advice on how to fish Banks please help me out. Jimmy??? Did you ever fish it when you lived down here? Thanks. Blackshear on Monday!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have wanted to try Banks for a long time, and I think it won't be long now. I fish Miccosukee and today a pond with black tannin water.
    They were slow biting in the pond and I always can ketch a mess there usually.
    Miccosukee is cypress stained too. I usually have good luck with white curly tails, and chartruesse w/pink heads.
    So i would think Banks would be similar.
    Can't wait to try it out!

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Banks Lake

Hello Crappster, When I lived in Lakeland I didn't have a boat, I only fished it from the bank at the spillway. But from what I know you are doing all the right things in all the right ways fishing around the cypress trees. They just were not biting today. check out the lily pads also in three and four feet of water with a hard bottom you will find them. No body is catching them in numbers yet that I have heard. Stick with it and you will have success. Man wish I could meet you there and fish with you, We would give them a fit. Good luck! Jimmy S.

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

i have though bout fishing banks lake . is there a campground there or a place to park a fulley self contained camper . some one said they thought they wer a place but no power or water
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure Papasage....I saw a camper near the landing today, but not sure if it was on extended stay or not. I can find out for you though. I'll let you know. I think you would really enjoy it. Its a beautiful lake. One of those lakes that you still have a great time even if you don't catch anything.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Banks Lake

Crappster, I have one sugestion for you. Go to the local bait and tackle shop there in Lakeland and ask where to fish in the lake for crappie.If the crappie are biting he will know and where. Most of those guys will share this info. with you. They want you to catch fish so they can sell you bait.Papasage ther is a camp site right there close to the lake. I don't know what they offer it has been a long time since I lived there. I go back thru there from time to time. I am over due now. Would love to meet some of you there and fish together, Stay over night at the campsite. Good luck to all ! Jimmy S.