Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cape Girardeau/Jackson Area

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cape Girardeau/Jackson Area

Hello,
    My name is Ryan and I just moved from Carlyle, Illinois to Jackson,MO. I am absoluetly clueless of the area and would appreciate it if someone could give me any info on some decent crappie waters. I have heard that there are several smaller lakes in the area but do not know if there worth fishing. I have also heard that Wappapello and Duck Creek can be fairly good fisheries. Any tips would be greatly apprecated.
    Thanks, Ryan

Post Thanks / Like

I fish wappapello every chance I get it is a good lake has a bunch of short fish but i think its getting better have caught a bunch of nice fish this year already

Post Thanks / Like

Ryan-
    Duck creek has some large Crappie but I believe its population is dropping. Has good numbers of bass and pickerel. Now is the time to fish there before the vegitation takes it over. Do you duck hunt? I noticed you came from carlyle?

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Ryan, I think Speckhunter can help you in that area as soon as he is able to get on the puter.
    Monk

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Springfield, Ryan......Also think Hump & 22 footer will be good help down there. Good Fishin
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

You may try this www.mdc.mo.gov/fish/prospects/lakes.htm will give you an ideal or try and look here http://mdc4.mdc.mo.gov/applications/...st&txtAreaNm=s you can look up countys and see what there is to fish. I will agree that duck creeks crappie maybe on a down swing but the ones you do catch are huge. Also the bluegill and redear fishing is outta this world. They get BIG. As long as you can deal with all the grass and lilly pads. Also check out Perry community lake (most are small but there are some good ones) Also Robert G. Delany lake near Charleston, good crappie can be caught.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks Fellows!

Thanks to all that gave info. I appreciate it. It sounds like I better get fishin!
    And yes CMCDUCK i do duck hunt. I grew up only a mile from Carlyle Lake.
    It is a great lake for those who know how to hunt and fish it. It can also cause alot of damage to your rig if you dont use caution. Do you hunt/fish there?
    Thanks,Ryan

Post Thanks / Like

Ryan, your best bet is to go back across the river and fish in Illinois. Lake Kincaid, Crab Orchard are very good lakes. Cedar lake is good if you have a 10hp or lower on your boat. Good Luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Wappapello is a good place to fish, not many trophy sized crappie, but more than enough eaters to go around. Lake Girardeau is just south and west of you in Jackson, not sure what the bite is there. Reelfoot is not too far away either, its an excellent crappie spot. Clearwater is another option over towards Piedmont. We usually fish Wap and Reelfoot with a few trips to Mississippi mixed in.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Ryan....i can't help much down there but these fellas have given you some great tips,good luck and keep us posted.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast