Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Cape Girardeau/Jackson Area

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cape Girardeau/Jackson Area

Hello,
    My name is Ryan and I just moved from Carlyle, Illinois to Jackson,MO. I am absoluetly clueless of the area and would appreciate it if someone could give me any info on some decent crappie waters. I have heard that there are several smaller lakes in the area but do not know if there worth fishing. I have also heard that Wappapello and Duck Creek can be fairly good fisheries. Any tips would be greatly apprecated.
    Thanks, Ryan
    Last edited by myersoutdoors; 02-15-2008 at 09:38 PM.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Jump over on the Missouri board. There are some guys fairly close to that area. They will be glad to send you in the right direction. Welcome to the site. Lots of good info and good people on here.

Post Thanks / Like

Ryan Wappapello has some fair numbers of fish in it but if I were you I would make the drive on over to Reelfoot If you get a little extra time It would be worth the drive. If you need any info on Reelfoot let me know!
    Mr. Plucker

Post Thanks / Like

Ryan,

I somewhat depends whether or not you have a boat.....the following is a quick breakdown of the area you live:

Lake Girardeau .... 20 minutes from Jackson has some crappie, but it is pretty tough.

Perry County Lake......... 35 minutes north of Jackson is OVERPOPULATED w/ little crappie.

Delaney Lake........ 45 minutes southeast of Jackson has a decent population of eater size crappie.

Duck Creek....... 50 minutes southwest of Jackson has big crappie, but don't go there for numbers.

Cedar Lake ......Southern Illinois 50 or so minutes from Jackson...lots of guys say the do really well here?

The Block Hole ..... 30 minutes from Jackson where HWY's N, U, T, come together "NUT" junction some crappie can be taken from here from bank at times.

Farm Ponds.......best bet if bank fishing by far....knock on some doors.

Wappappelo.... guys do pretty well here .....haven't fished it much as I caught a bunch when I went, but wasn't impressed w/the size.

Kentucky Lake / Barkley ...... good #'s and size (this is where I spend my time).

PM me w/ any specific questions and I'll help you out.