Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Painted or unpainted jigheads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Painted or unpainted jigheads

I have always fished with painted jigheads. I guess they just look better to me. But it seems like a lot of guys who know more than I do are using unpainted heads. I am getting ready to make an order for some heads to get me through the tournament season and would like to know everyone's thoughts as far as which is better and why.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

for the most part It may not matter but I truly be leave that it sometimes makes a difference.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I paint my own personal ones. You may get some answers from this thread where this topic was discussed before.

http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showth...paint+jigheads

http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/search...6&pp=25&page=2

Hope this helps.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Ship. I paint my own on anything I tie because I think it just makes a so much better looking jig that way. I am ordering jigs to use with my soft plastics. I will likely paint some of them, but wanted to get some other vies as to which is better. I will check out the threads you mentioned.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

I like the painted but I know pepole that only use unpainted and they generaly out fish me.

Post Thanks / Like

i have used both but i enjoy powder painting and tying jigs in my spare time just for fun. i think most people do it just for fun
    EAT, SLEEP, FISH AND LOVE THY WIFE

Post Thanks / Like

If I were selling jigs I would probably paint them I paint a lot of mine because I think they are pretty. I can catch just as many on unpainted ones so I don't think the fish care at all.
    Good fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

There's a lot of arguments to be made either way. Like has been said, go with what looks good to you. If color is not important, go with unpainted. Color is important to me, I like the contrast or blend of colors on my jigs, and a colored head adds another dimension for that.
    Future member of any forum deathb4disco moderates.

Member of Wally Marshall's Mr. Crappie Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I like the painted ones, and personally I think they do make a difference.. a couple weeks ago when we were fishing, using 4 jig rigs, I had black/chartruese on chartruese head, and some on either pink or orange, most of the fish came on the chartruese heads... another bait that was doing good was the red/chartruese green flake, if you used it on an orange or pink head they would hit it, if it was on a chartruese head they wouldn't touch it.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

Personally I like painted jigs over unpainted . My fishing improved when I started useing them . Another thing that I think helps is to have eyes painted on them . A friend of mine thought it made no difference so we were fishing side by side and I was catching fish and he wasn't . We even switched spots in my boat and I still out fished him . He now buys painted jig with eyes .

See ya Kevin ><)))*>
    Excellent

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast