Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Table Rock

Post Thanks / Like

Default Table Rock

Going to Table Rock on June 10th for a few days. Any help on crappie fishing on this lake. Will be at a Resort by Silver Dollar City not sure What part of the lake, First time and taking my boat. Thanks for any help.

Post Thanks / Like

This sounds like part of the lake that Barndog, Kit Papermouth and Beagle need to respond too. Later, Ship

Post Thanks / Like

Toughest part of the lake to fish that time of year. Indian point has lots of pleasure boaters. You will need to get out early in the morning if you are going to fish that area of the lake. Not much for numbers of Crappie but they are big. Clear water and real difficult. Standing timber is the best best. Place a slip bobber with minnow 12 - 15ft over 15 - 25 feet of water. Keep the bait away from the boat. Trollin' is the best this time of year with small crank baits 10 - 20 ft deep.

Since you're down towards Long Creek. I would go down that part of the lake where there are more numbers of crappies in the stained part of the lake.

Give us a heads a week before you come down. We are usually trollin' open water at that time. We'll have a better bead if they are on the timber or out in the open.

G.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe you should try some trout fishing that time of year. www.fallcreekmarina.com.
    Gene

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for info too!

I'll be going to Long/Crickett Creek in a couple weeks. Has anyone been there or know how the fishing is going now? Water temps?

Post Thanks / Like

Most of Crappie are in the Winter Open Water Mode up on the James. Crappie are suspended over open water or around standing timber 25 - 50 ft. Hard to get a limit.

I don't have any contact in the Long / Cricket Area. Might be doin' the same thing on that end of the lake.

Hopefully things will change in the next couple weeks.

G.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice not only on Table Rock but also in the past I get alot of info from you guys, some good ole boys.