Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Western Branch....not yesterday!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Western Branch....not yesterday!

I made it to the water and the rain held off, and so did the fish I fished for four hours and moved around quite a bit. I am a new boat owner and still getting use to using the electronic stuff. I saw lots of "brush piles" but no fish on them. I went over deep water humps and all around the edges...just like the magazine artical said and still I got NOTHING. The water temp was 51-52 degrees and I fished with minnows and jigs. I'll call this round one and the fish are ahead on the score card, but I have a mean hook waiting to tag them in the next round. See you all on the water....Peace

Post Thanks / Like

Wish the fish would consider the fisherman's feelings. We give and give and they don't even bother to take.
    NEED MORE COWBELL!!
    JD

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReelFun
    Wish the fish would consider the fisherman's feelings. We give and give and they don't even bother to take.
    Well put!!
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Question Western Branch

Quote Originally Posted by L2Fsh
    I made it to the water and the rain held off, and so did the fish I fished for four hours and moved around quite a bit. I am a new boat owner and still getting use to using the electronic stuff. I saw lots of "brush piles" but no fish on them. I went over deep water humps and all around the edges...just like the magazine artical said and still I got NOTHING. The water temp was 51-52 degrees and I fished with minnows and jigs. I'll call this round one and the fish are ahead on the score card, but I have a mean hook waiting to tag them in the next round. See you all on the water....Peace

I fished the Branch the last couple of years for crappie mostly in the fall. I had times I could see fish all over a stump or brush pile and couldn't buy a strike. I even took a picture of my screen on the LCR to prove I could find the fish.

Then other times I did pretty good. I used a Kentucky rig most of the time with braided line ans spider wire for my drop loops. You could pull snags free everytime.
    Vietnam Vet
    RECONATACRON-7,
    USS ENTERPRISE CVAN-65

Post Thanks / Like

There are some nice ones in Western Branch. 2 yrs. ago at this time I found some on a stump flat in about 6 ft. of water and stayed on em for about 3 wks. We didn't catch but maybe 10 a day but they were nice 14 in. fish.
    Last year I tried 3 times to get em but never connected. I think it has something to do with the water levels but not sure how to make sense of it.
    About 4 years ago we found them up in the brush and that was a lot of fun when we threw jigs and a slip float to em on ultralight tackle.
    Maybe this year.
    Father of 4 time bash winner. At least I'm pretty sure:o