Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Trip to Truman Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Question Trip to Truman Lake

The wife and I (it's either take her along, or kiss her good-bye when I leave) are planning a trip to Truman late March or early April. We are first timers at Truman and know nothing about the area. Really she likes to fish as much as I do but I want her to catch some Crappie and get HOOKED on the experience. Any advice would be appreciated. Lodging,what part of the lake,sucees at this time of year, etc. I know from reading posts the you folks are generous to a fault with help and info. So if you can find it in your hearts to share some tips and secrets about Truman WE would really owe you.

Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like

best advice I could give you is to contact Buck saw marind, they are on the web. fishing should be good the time of year you are going,a lot of the guys on the MO. board will help and they are good on Truman. I just started to fish truman, and it is a good lake,, gonna be there this april and may pretty heavy look us up

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Beagle. I've spent about 25 years fishing around the Bucksaw area and the folks at the marina are nice folks. If I were going to Truman for the first time, I'd ask the marina to book Richard Bowling as a guide. Some of the folks on the Missouri board have hired him and were really happy with what they caught and, more importantly, what they learned about the lake and how to fish it. That time of year is when the fish are just slightly pre-spawn and are vulnerable to verical jigging in staging areas between the closest creek channels and the spawning areas. The earliest that we've ever caught fish close to Bucksaw on the bank was 3/19 and two years ago it was 4/1, but that's pretty early in most years. Richard will be able to find them, and I also hope to be at Bucksaw at least four days a week starting about the first of April. I'd be happy to tell you what I can when I'm there. Frankly, the first person I look for to ask what and where is Richard. Note to the board skeptics - I'm not related or associated to Richard Bowling and will derive no financial benefit from his trips. My belief is that no matter how good you are, there is always something to learn from the guys who are out on a particular lake every day - and Richard is the best I know around Bucksaw. If you'd like to pm me, I'll give you my contact information and will be more than willing to share whatever I've figured out when you get there. Good fishing.
    Jim - Have boat - will travel.