PDA

View Full Version : Jig Head Source - If Interested

Mud-Dabber
02-14-2008, 09:02 PM
Recently, several were inquiring about sources of jigheads.

I recently purchased several hundred from Mr. Tommy Crenshaw with TCI Fishing Lures. I am going to post his contact information should you still be looking. Tommy powder coated the jigheads for 1.00 dollar per hundred more than the listed price. I purchased jigs with sickle hooks, but he also has Mustad and Eagle Claw. Great job on the hooks and the powder coating. No paint in the eyes is a plus in my book plus the Matzuo sickles are unbelievably sharp. We have several excellent jig head makers on this forum and this is just another possibility.

http://stores.ebay.com/TCI-Fishing-Lures

the above is the store; you but you can deal directly thru email should you have any interest:

tjcrenshaw@hotmail.com

Good Fishing,

Mud-Dabber

shipahoy41
02-14-2008, 09:20 PM
Thank you.

Mud-Dabber
02-14-2008, 10:12 PM
Ship:

I sure like the looks of those jigs you have on your website. Skip and yourself surely provide some great information on this forum especially in regard to your experiences tying jigs and providing ideas on materials. Just a big thanks to yourself and all the others that help us novice jig tiers.

Regards,
Mud

Mud-Dabber
02-17-2008, 01:23 PM
Email I received from Tommy about his jig heads.

Just wanted to let you know I finished my color charts for all my colors and topcoats.

http://stores.ebay.com/TCI-Fishing-Lures/Color-Chart.html

I also have glitter topcoats that are a clear powder paint with a glitter mixed in. All are from Pro-Tec only.
http://stores.ebay.com/TCI-Fishing-Lures/Glitter-Topcoat-Color-Chart.html

Mud-Dabber
02-19-2008, 06:35 PM
Tommy emailed today, 02/19/08 and stated that he received 10,000 #4 bronze sickle hooks (Matzuo) and was starting to produce more jig heads if interested. Tommy had stated he was experiencing problems getting the #4 sickles and had been on back order for awhile. Tommy is from Florida.

Regards and Good Fishing,
Mud-Dabber

SteveJ
02-19-2008, 07:37 PM
I have ordered from him and like his heads only thing a few are loose on the hook but have not seen where it makes a difference. Super glue.

PawPaw "gene"
02-19-2008, 09:46 PM
I too have gotten some from Tommy. Those sickles are the sharpest hooks I've ever seen. Those that are loose I just tap with a small hammer or squeeze with pliers and make aspirin heads with them, works great. Go Tommy.
From the bayou,
PawPaw "gene"

shild
02-19-2008, 09:54 PM
Since we're posting some good places to get jig heads, I thought I would share my favorite ebay store:
http://stores.ebay.com/Chuck-and-debs
I don't know these people, so it's not like I am doing them a personal favor. I just know that I've ordered a number of jig heads and jigs from there and they are always super fast on delivery and have great products at good prices!
Check them out!

Supracerxtreme
02-19-2008, 11:34 PM
Booked Marked FTW!

Thanks!

Mud-Dabber
02-26-2008, 01:10 PM
tommy said that he had received several orders from crappie.com members. he said that if you had special order requests on hooks with a jig head to email him and he would try to oblige you on a special order.

Mud

cjbrewer5
02-26-2008, 02:58 PM
I ordered some jig heads from him and he answers every email and is very fast on filling orders. He is a pleasure to deal with. Would order from him again! - Charles

cjbrewer5
03-05-2008, 05:15 PM
Got the jig heads in today and man they look nice. Great job Tommy!!!

FisherMike
03-05-2008, 05:45 PM
I ordered Monday from his store. Lost INTERNET for about 4 minutes and reordered.
I think I screwed up and he had an E-mail within 4 more minutes.

I don't have the product yet. Just from the service I've had already?
He's the man.

sac-a-lait
03-05-2008, 05:50 PM
His Prices Are Different Than What You Said They Were.

FisherMike
03-05-2008, 07:07 PM
His Prices Are Different Than What You Said They Were.

Are you talking about what Dabber said?

Y-SLABS
03-05-2008, 07:25 PM
I agree, nice person to deal with. ordered a couple hundred three days ago.

NIMROD
03-05-2008, 07:31 PM
For bulk orders try ''www.drifterfishingsupply'':cool: With shipping added in 1000 is cheaper yet.;) 1/8 minnow heads 68.00 per 1000 +8.50 SH would be 76.50 or less than .08 each (7.65 cents each ) That is cheaper if you can use that many or have friends to split orders with.

TCI Fishing Lures
03-18-2008, 08:07 AM
This is Tommy from TCI, and I just wanted to say thanks to Mud-dabber and all of those who have purchased from me. I've been quite busy since this information was posted, and am still working a couple orders for previous customers at this time.
If anyone else is interested in some jigs, please feel free to contact me or visit my store. All of the info is in the first post by Mud-dabber.
Thank You again.

Mud-Dabber
03-18-2008, 08:44 AM
Welcome Tommy. Outstanding crappie fishermen with keen insights on this forum. Let us know some of the tricks used on those Florida crappie.

Regards,
Mud

Mud-Dabber
03-21-2008, 01:06 PM
The TCI jigheads are being used by several commercial jig tiers on this forum and other forums. Tommy is one of the few that has a supply of the #4 Matzuo sickle hooks for jigheads. Seems to be a problem finding and getting the #4 sickle hooks. I certainly can vouch for his powdercoat jobs also, I am not having any problems with paint chipping off.

Mud

TCI Fishing Lures
04-12-2008, 08:45 AM
This is Tommy again with TCI. I'd like to say thank you again to all who have purchased from me. Mud-Dabber's info is still correct, so if anyone would like some jigs please feel free to contact me.
I also have an update on the sickle hooks. I have received some more of them, and here is what I just got in:
15000 #4 bronze sickle hooks
8000 #6 bronze sickle hooks
The #6's had been on backorder for 3-4 months, and they are on BO again as of now. Not sure how long it will be before I get more in, but I expect the 8000 I have to go pretty quick since they have been something no one could get for so long.
Thank You again.

TCI Fishing Lures
04-25-2008, 07:59 AM
Yet another update on hooks. I now have ALL sizes in stock in bronze, #6, #4, #2, #1, 1/0, 2/0, 3/0, and 4/0. I have literally thousands of each size.
Additionally, I have also finally received some more red #4's. I have 4000 of them on hand, and will be working to get them, back in my ebay store. If you don't want to wait or would rather avoid ebay, just send me an email at tjcrenshaw@hotmail.com or my tcifishinglures@hotmail.com .

TCI Fishing Lures
05-21-2008, 10:32 AM
Just another update, but I finally got another 3000 red #2's. I had some requests for them a while back, but didn't have any. If interested in some please let me know.
Thank You.

Slipped Cork
05-21-2008, 08:45 PM
I have ordered from you 3 time's on e-bay and I can say you are very good with extra fast shipping.Im curious to know who p salty is? I love the bible verse.

TCI Fishing Lures
05-22-2008, 06:18 AM
Well I guess I must say thank you, Slipped Cork.
Psalty is a friend of mine, also an ebay member who buy jigs from me, and lives in TX. Whenever he buys jigs from me he sends a box of the "Script Lures" with his payment. He has qute a few people passing them out as I do, and I believe they are in 13 states so far being distributed. I've sent mine all over the world: Sweden, Finland, Australia, United Kingdom, just to name a few.