Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sources for Jigheads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sources for Jigheads

Recently, several were inquiring about sources of jigheads.

I recently purchased several hundred from Mr. Tommy Crenshaw with TCI Fishing Lures. I am going to post his contact information should you still be looking. Tommy powder coated the jigheads for 1.00 dollar per hundred more than the listed price. I purchased jigs with sickle hooks, but he also has Mustad and Eagle Claw. Great job on the hooks and the powder coating. No paint in the eyes is a plus in my book plus the Matzuo sickles are unbelievably sharp. We have several excellent jig head makers on this forum and this is just another possibility.

http://stores.ebay.com/TCI-Fishing-Lures

the above is the store; you but you can deal directly thru email should you have any interest:

[email protected]

Good Fishing,

Mud-Dabber

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered some from him this fall mud,when no one had any sickle hooks.He makes some nice heads.
    "Only Death will end my love affair with Texas"........... Bob Bullock

Post Thanks / Like

Rad
    He is a nice guy seems like. I got several hundred from him and have been tying today. Those sickle hooks are unbelievably sharp. Pricked myself multiple times. You know, he would paint those hooks for only 1.00 per hundred in the color of your choice. Dang sure worth it for me anyway. He ran out of the bronze #4 sickle hooks, but thought he might get some in this week. He has the red sickle hooks, but they are higher he said.

Mud

Post Thanks / Like

The reds were almost double the price last time
    "Only Death will end my love affair with Texas"........... Bob Bullock

Post Thanks / Like

does he cure the powder paimt too?!?! $1 per 100 is a great price, but what does he charge for the jigs? Also what colors does he have?
    "Dixie Boy"
    Monkey Town Jigs "The Evolution of Crappie Jigs"
    Dayton, TN

Post Thanks / Like

Dixie Boy

If you will contact Tommy, he will provide the information you are needing. Information for contacting him is in the first post. I have been really impressed with the paint job. I normally do not get a white color, but I did this time and it is more of a pearl than a true white. He said he was working on a color chart, when he gets it to me, I will post it for him. Give him a shout with your questions.

Mud

Post Thanks / Like

Email I received from Tommy about his jig heads.

Just wanted to let you know I finished my color charts for all my colors and topcoats.

http://stores.ebay.com/TCI-Fishing-L...lor-Chart.html

I also have glitter topcoats that are a clear powder paint with a glitter mixed in. All are from Pro-Tec only.
    http://stores.ebay.com/TCI-Fishing-L...lor-Chart.html

Post Thanks / Like

Tommy emailed today, 02/19/08 and stated that he received 10,000 #4 bronze sickle hooks (Matzuo) and was starting to produce more jig heads if interested. Tommy had stated he was experiencing problems getting the #4 sickles and had been on back order for awhile. Tommy is from Florida.

Regards and Good Fishing,
    Mud-Dabber

Post Thanks / Like

tommy said that he had received several orders from crappie.com members. he said that if you had special order requests on hooks with a jig head to email him and he would try to oblige you on a special order.

Mud

Post Thanks / Like

This is Tommy from TCI, and I just wanted to say thanks to Mud-dabber and all of those who have purchased from me. I've been quite busy since this information was posted, and am still working a couple orders for previous customers at this time.
    If anyone else is interested in some jigs, please feel free to contact me or visit my store. All of the info is in the first post by Mud-dabber.
    Thank You again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast