Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BIG baits

Post Thanks / Like

Default BIG baits

Has anyone been reading the BIG BAITS thread on the OK board? Just wondering what you all thought,and if anyone fishes with the larger baits and are catching any fish. Do you think it would be money well spent or just money spent. THANKS
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Frosty I most always up size the jig's when the water is stained,or I am fishing real deep, remember big bait usually catches big fish. I use the bever tail dont remember the name but bugman will I got them for grenada still have a few.... black/pink

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe they are made by YUM. Wolly beavertails. Bobby Garlond now has the slab slayers in 3" The 2" are fantastic. I just stocked up on the 3" last week at Everhardts in Clinton. Should be great for spring time at Truman in the cove past the magic cedars. I also through some crank baits during the spawn at Truman with some good results. Less fish but most are bigger. If a 5" bluegill will hit a 12" rubber worm crappie will hit big baits.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Rocky Top super slabs and super tubes. They are about 3" and work great!

They are made in Warsaw.

Rocky top
    660-438-7341
    Jerry

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY
    Has anyone been reading the BIG BAITS thread on the OK board? Just wondering what you all thought,and if anyone fishes with the larger baits and are catching any fish. Do you think it would be money well spent or just money spent. THANKS
    Big baits work well depending on the conditions,time of year and of course the lake you're fishin take toronto for instance i think the 3" slab slay r and the 3" yum beavertail will work well this spring.....lets hope i'm right
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a few black and chartruse crankbaits I can't wait to try on those Kansas slabs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jigging15
    I have a few black and chartruse crankbaits I can't wait to try on those Kansas slabs.
    They should do the trick
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Mrs JJ and I have caught our limts on Yum Beaver Tails on LOZ in March. I think it was Pearl and Pink.

Post Thanks / Like

I use big baits in the sping a lot. 4-6 inch minnows are pretty normal. I like 2-3 inch tube baits the best.

Post Thanks / Like

I fished with Todd Huckabee in OK and he is big beliver in the big baits. I got some of the Yum beavertails and Southern Pro jigs he uses, but have had limited success with them, best for me in the spring.
    Mark

Pitching jigs, catching slabs, life is good

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast