Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody tried Gulp minnows?

Jasper Guest

Default Anybody tried Gulp minnows?

I fish a lot on PFAs where you can't use live minnows. Anybody tried the new Gulp crappie minnows? I was thinking of tipping a jig with one or just threading it on a jig head and fishing under a casting bubble. Comments?

Post Thanks / Like

Cool I've bought them

All I can say at this point is that I've bought some and can't wait to try them. A little expensive, but if they work, what the heck! I'll let you know ASAP. LOL I sure hope they work!:D

Post Thanks / Like

I tried some the other day but I don't like the very much. They taste kinda funny.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you referring to the Berkley Alive minnows that come in a bucket?
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by backlashed
    I tried some the other day but I don't like the very much. They taste kinda funny.
    :D :D :D :D
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

I was just looking at a bucket of these in the store the other day. Irresistable! I'll definitely be giving them a try.

I did see on the Berkley website that the smaller minnows (2-1/2") won't be out til April. All that's available now are 3 & 4" it looks like.

I had pretty good luck last year on Northland Slurpies panfish tubes, and will probably give them a decent tryout this coming year too.

Post Thanks / Like

I have fished them a few times over the winter. I really have not had much success with them. I have put some of my other plastic bait in the canister and let it soak before a fishing trip. They seem to hit that better. I was having a few light strikes on the minnow, but could not seem to catch them. The next time out I am going to try using a stinger hook to see if that will help.
    Take your kids hunting and fishing, and you won't be hunting your kids

Post Thanks / Like

I look forward to trying the Slurpies as well. When I saw them in BPS I had to get a pack.:D
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM TWEENER!
    Member of Tri-State Crappie Anglers

Backwaters of Grenada Lake, Yalobusha Bottom
    Post Thanks / Like

I caught a few on them last year, wasn't that impressed with them. I didn't see where they were any better than a unscented tube jig.
    Wishin' I Was Fishin'

Post Thanks / Like

So far my experience with GULP in general has been better in Saltwater than Fresh. I havent tried the minnows yet but have tried a few different worms and most of the Saltwater GULP. Saltwater stuff is awesome.
    Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. :rolleyes:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast