Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lowe stinger (crappie) series boat disscusion!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lowe stinger (crappie) series boat disscusion!

I am in the market for a new boat. I have checked out many makes and models. I am leaning toward the Lowe stinger (crappie) series for many reasons. What I need is some good information from the pepole who own or use these boats. My mind is far from made up and I could use some likes and dislikes about these boats. Thanks for all your help!

Post Thanks / Like

I would say it depends on what type of water you plan to be on. If you get on one of the bigger lakes you might want a deep-V type boat. If you stay on smaller lakes then I think you're headed in the right direction.

Post Thanks / Like

hey cspot not to change the subject but i liked the lund 1626 and 1660 not real bad on price just to much for me right now or i would have had one and you can get them in a crappie edition

maybe i talked out of turn sorry ,

Scott
    Life comes at you fast ... Better have a net...

Scott Beitzel----Western maryland

reo man Guest

Thumbs up Lowe Boat

I have a 2006 Lowe Crappie Stinger we bought new. It is a great boat for the money. It's very comfortable. It has plenty of storage and rides good . The boat came with a 50 hp Mercury which runs about 28 mph but is great on gas.

If you have any questions please contact me

reo man

Post Thanks / Like

I think that if you have ever fished out of one, the Lowe is one helluva crappie boat. I don't own one but I have several friends that use them. I really like the 180W. Dont think they offer them new anymore but if you look around I'm sure you can find one. Already have side by side seats in them, and TWO livewells in the front deck, one behind each seat, as well as a larger single in the back. The stinger is a nice boat too, just appears to be a smidge narrower than the 180W.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Lowe 180w

I've got a 180w stinger with a 90 johnson & love it. Rides good, plenty of storage. I fish the nort end of Ky lake & she can get ruff! I've had no problems. Everyone that fishes in it with me likes it.

Only draw back on my boat is the bow is a little narrow for 2 fat boys! :D I think the newer models are wider in the front. Mine is a 2004 model. I don't think you'll be sorry.
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I've got the 2006 Stinger 175. I bought it for the 85" beam and price- $11,995 with a 50 2 stroke, I upgraded to a 4- stroke for $1700 more. We have fished 4 adults out of it and usually fish 3 more than comfortably. Light to tow, and handles big water no problem, North end of Ky Lake as well. If you are looking for a ROOMY aluminum boat, this is the way to go. Any ?'s PM me and I'll answer them.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 2001 180w with a 90 evinrude ficht on it. It will run about 43 with just me in it and rides great.Only dislikes would be no minnow bucket up front and cheap seating compared to a tracker.

Post Thanks / Like

I have an '07 175 with a 60 HP four stroke. Not a speed demon but will go about 35 and it sips gas. I really like the boat and would look at them again if I lost mine today.
    Stuff I like: Long rod box (10' rods fit) , two live wells and minnow buckets, three seat bases up front, light enough to move around easily, feels bigger than it is, handles big water pretty well for a boat its size, more deck space than the Tracker, when we bought it was a little cheaper than the Tracker too, lots of storage space.
    Stuff I don't like: Bow rides higher than I wish it did at my preferred cruising speed, I wish it didn't blow around like aluminum boats do although filling both livewells helps this, wish the seats were 4" higher (the Tracker seats felt higher but there wasn't enough leg room for me), the front storage compartment should have pull handles on both sides so you can open them from beside the boat when it is on the trailer.

Post Thanks / Like

These are all great post with all the information that I am looking for. Please keep them coming.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast