Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: g3 set up ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default g3 set up ?

Looks like I am getting ready to pull the triger on a g3 19-66 gator tuff jon center console.I am needing some idea's on how to set it up what kind of rod holders I want to be able to slow troll / spider rig & dunk minnows also would like to be able to raise & lower my trolling motor with out having to move my rod holders.Also would like some idea's on what trolling motor & fish finder/gps units you would suggest.I know I am asking a lot of questions but I just want to make sure I do it right the first time it is a lot cheaper in the long run. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP CAMOHULL

Post Thanks / Like

Look at the ones on the want ad section on the main list , might be what you're looking for, if not you can spring for tite lok or drift master set ups.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Front Deck

Be sure to take a good look at how high the front deck is on the 19/66. I have a friend who has one. The sides are pretty high and the deck is at the top almost. Especially look at the step down into the bay of the boat. You will go from the front to the back more than you may think. They are good boats and claim a good warranty, but that deck is real high.

My 2 cents
    rushcreekoutdoor

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rushcreekoutdoor
    Be sure to take a good look at how high the front deck is on the 19/66. I have a friend who has one. The sides are pretty high and the deck is at the top almost. Especially look at the step down into the bay of the boat. You will go from the front to the back more than you may think. They are good boats and claim a good warranty, but that deck is real high.

My 2 cents
    rushcreekoutdoor
    That deck height is something to consider. I just got a new Alweld CC with high sides and deck. Fished Saturday-----got my knees shot with the big needle today. Of course I'm getting a little long in the tooth.

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

I know is it personal preference, but I strongly prefer a side console. I fish with guys who have saltwater boats, and I get tired of always having to go around the console.

If you haven't ordered the boat yet try this. Get on of your kitchen chairs and set it out in the middle of the room this weekend. Leave it there. See how soon you get tired of going around it.

Dayton

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys I am going to use the boat mostly for crappie fishing but I will also be doing some cat fishing and light saltwater fishing. I am just tired of keeping a glass boat clean. I fish most of the time with two people in the boat but some times it might be four of us. Whats your idea's let me know. Thanks Camohull

Post Thanks / Like

Any more thoughts on this boat? I have looked at the sea ark & war eagle's with the lower front decks but they are a lot more money. Thanks for any help Camohull

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Camo, I have a 16' alum with a 48" floor. Love the hull. Hate the front deck which is just below the gunnels. BIG step up to it. Next boat will have a lower deck with built in live wells front and rear. Worth every nickel. If you fish alone, consider how easy it will be to fall out of it. Pretty easy with a high deck boat. Also consider a method of getting back into the boat should you or a guest fall out. Hypothermia will take you quick. My two cents.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Default F & F

I think that F & F makes the best boat for the money. They have been building custom boats in Monticello, Arkansas since the late 60's or early 70's i think. My 20/72 F & F was less expensive than any of the 3 you refer to and I got to design it.

rushcreek

Post Thanks / Like

Do they have a web site? Thanks camohull

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast