Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: If you don't read this, it's your own loss!

Post Thanks / Like

Default If you don't read this, it's your own loss!

I am going to give up my secret. People often ask me how I catch a limit on Crappie almost every time I go fishing. Well here it is! Rivers, Streams, and creeks are top-notch in Indiana. Especially tailwaters from our resevoirs. Here's the tailwater secret for you. Next time you go to any tailwaters or dams below Indiana resevoirs. Walk downriver to the first ripple. A ripple (eddy) is the first place you see the water begin to move in the opposite direction of the current. This usually occurs around rocks and boulders where the main current is forced into a smaller channels. It also occurs close to the banks where the current is forced to one side of the river. You should see a defined line between the fast water flowing downstream and the slower water moving upstream. (Don't be scared to fish shallow) These are THE BEST FISHING WATERS FOUND ANYWHERE! Predator fish stalk these waters for baitfish being washed downstream in faster current. With light tackle, a LIVELY minnow hooked lightly under the dorsal fin, or through the eyes, under a small bobber with minimal weight. Cast your bait downstream into the current and let it bounce until the line tightens and the bobber transitions from the faster water to the slower water. The bobber should slowly begin to move in the opposite direction of the main current. Keep the line tight and let the natural movements of the river move your bait. If after trying multiple depths at this location you have no luck, move down to the next one. Rivers have many ripples throughout and they should all be explored. This is my number one way of catching a limit on Big Crappie. You will find this excellent for Bass, Walleye, Catfish and Bluegill as well. I try to spend more time each year fishing Indiana rivers as I do lakes. Bar-None ripple fishing rivers is my favorite way to catch fish!!! And don't try this with multiple poles, one is sufficient!!!
    Caught so many fish today my thumb is sore from clicking the counter.

Post Thanks / Like

Default rivers

Great suggestion thanks! I fish the Kankakee River a fair bit and I'll put this to work!