Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Pushing-Tightlinning-Spider-Trolling

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pushing-Tightlinning-Spider-Trolling

Can somebody tell me the difference between each (if there are any) and details on how each one is set-up. From what I've read, they seem very semiular with a large weight on the bottom. Then I see some using bobbers???? and how do you tie the jig/minnow to the main line? Is there different line size used? many some actually pictures... thanks for all the great help this site has shared.

Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion pushing, tightlining and spider rigging is all the same. During the spawn is when I troll. I use 1/16th oz jigs when I troll during the spawn. For now I use a 3/4oz bank sinker with 8lb test line while spider rigging.

Post Thanks / Like

Depending on who you talk to they are interchangeable terms all referring to the same thing -- pushing, spider rigging and slow trolling. Multiple poles in rod holders off the front of your boat fanned out 180 degrees with heavy weight to hold them down vertical moving around slowly with the trolling motor. Tightlining to me is fishing with one pole jig or minnow in one spot (no trolling) vertically pole-in-hand. You can do the same thing with a slip float.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]
    Likes crappiechaser2 LIKED above post