A buddy and I fished T-ville Sat ... target species was White Bass - but, of course, I had to check on the Crappie situation too !! Caught one nice 11in Black Crappie from a blowdown, early in the AM (<8AM). Some small White Bass came up in "jumps" around 8AM and we caught several from the scattered jumps - fan casting a "white" Silver Buddy and a Kastmaster. I picked up one 13-14in Largemouth, off a standing tree stump, while casting a chartreuse tube jig for Crappie (same jig I caught the Crappie on, earlier that AM).
We left the Little Beach Creek area (where we started) and proceeded to the mid-lake area (horseshoe bend) for some trolling. We managed to boat about a dozen more White Bass ... trolling crankbaits with jig trailers. I also managed to boat 3 more Black Crappie on these trolling rigs - 1 nine inch keeper, one throwback, and another 11in fish. (all fish came on the jig - none on the cranks- FYI)
All of the White Bass were fat with Shad ... and spit up 1.5in Shad while being boated. I was glad to see that the Black Crappie were in good shape and getting to be good sized.
All in all - for a post frontal / high pressure / bluebird sky / hot & humid Summer day ... it wasn't a bad trip. ................cp