Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: What do you know about Lowe boats?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What do you know about Lowe boats?

I am in the market for a new boat. I was down at the Columbus Sports Show over the weekend and talked to all the dealers. The boat that impressed me was the Stinger (crappie) series made by Lowe. The extra wide deck, double live well and bait wells, and the fact that it is set up for different styles of crappie fishing are all a big plus in my book. The boat that I am in now is a 12 year old SeaNymph. Great boat, but things are starting to wear out.

Does anyone out there have one of these Lowe Stinger 175 or 195 boats. What do you like and don't like about it?

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know much about them; seem to be popular south of the Ohio. You might want to post your question in the main forum. Some things I like to do and you may already be aware of--check the fine print on the hull warranty, how the stringers are put together (placement, spacing, etc.), gauge used in the sides and bottom, maximum rated HP compared to similar boats (indicator of flotation and transom strength), access to the bilge and livewell pumps (sooner or later they all die), rod length storage, and other storage. Just my opinion. I'm sure there are other things equally important to you.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lowe Boat

I have a 1996 Lowe stinger 175 its been a real good boat. Only thing I have done to it was replace the livewell pump and replace a plug. The only thing that I can say bad is the wind blows it more than I like.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 2002 180w and i love it the only thing i have agianst it is where you put the gas in but they have changed that.
    Take a kid fishing

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 2002 16ft lowe with a 50 hp Johnson ,I love it bought it 2nd hand year before last.Its perfect for Ohio lakes and we also went to Ky Lake and did great .Its easy to haul and easy on gas .For the money its hard to beat .

Post Thanks / Like

C-Spot: what is your wife's opinion on the new boat? Does she have a preference on what you should get??

Post Thanks / Like

My wifes not going to be using the boat, therefore she has no opinion. Its kinda like her vaccum. I dont care what she buys.

Post Thanks / Like

Default lowe stinger 175

I have a lowe stinger 175 (2007) great boat love the wide deck ,plenty of room for spider rigging. no trouble at all so far with it. also think about a four stroke motor . you give up alittle speed , but it's wort it no smoke and it's quiet
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

I know I want one. Also, they are made by Brunswick marine the maker of other well known brands such as Crestliner, Lund, Sea Ray Etc. So, I would believe they make a good boat.

CG