Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sullivan

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sullivan

Just checking to see if any of your fish lake sullivan south of terra haute? I've been going down there for 9 years now and love it. You can catch tons of Crappie and some stray walleye's from time to time. There is very little rec. sports on the lake and its cheap. 1/2 the price as the state parks (camping that is). Still havent caught any monsters, but 1 1/2 pound fish are fairly common. Last years trip in april I think we caught about 20 in 3 days over the pound mark (and two 8 pound walleye). If your into mushroom hunting it is killer for that too.
    RIPPING LIPS LIKE ITS MY JOB!

Post Thanks / Like

I fish the lake several time a year. Camping for a week-end may be cheap, but park a camper their for 3 or 4 months its $2500. Yes, there tons of crappie and gills in the lake and very easy to catch a limit. We had even had people say we catch to many. Most people who fish there don't know how to fish or were to fish. The only problem I have with the lake is that the lake rules don't apply to everybody.

Post Thanks / Like

It took us about 2 years to figure the lake out, but now we have about 10 spots to go to and they always produce. The walleye fishing is some of the best around I think. The bad part with the lake (if any) would be the size of the crappie, we've been going to Dugger more and more. Dont catch as many, but they seem to be bigger. I'll give a shout sometime when we're heading down so you can stop by and have a cold one.
    RIPPING LIPS LIKE ITS MY JOB!

Post Thanks / Like

Could anyone tell me if Sullivan is open all year or do they shut it down for the winter? I know some county parks shut down completely. I'm looking for a good place to take my 9 yr old, I think he has the ITCH worse than I do also any good spots or tips would be greatly appreciated ! Ya know how hard it is to keep their attencion . If he don't catch them right away he loses intrest. this lake sounds sounds great I'd like to take him as soon as the weather cooperates:D