Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: where's everyone at

Post Thanks / Like

Default where's everyone at

New to board but have been reading for awhile. I hope there's a few more from Iowa that want to share some reports and tatics with. A little about myself, I usely spend half my vacation to crappie fish{usealy at Rathbun} and the other to duck hunt. I've been crappie fishing for 20 plus years.

Post Thanks / Like

jwn, where ya from guy? Do any ice fishing? Lot of folks fish Rathbun but few ever give a report as you can see from the lack of posts. Was over there myself about 3 weeks ago. Fished up in the trees at Atwells. Lots of lookers but NO takers. Sounds like that's the way it's been most of the winter.

Post Thanks / Like

welcome jwn, yeah its dead on this board most of the time , stop by and see us on the mo board . its always jumping
    Supreme Leader of the Missouri Crappie Militia.........

Post Thanks / Like

Get kinda quiet in the winter on the IOwa board.Rathbun has been real slow since it got really cold.First ice was decebt in Hiney Creek and Buck Creek.Water is a little dirty above the bridge right now./Was there a couple weeks ago, and found out via way of camera alot of the fish moving through the locator are shad.Should be a good year with some good quality fish this spring,PJ

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been to Rathbun ice fishing this year. I have fished Coralville with no luck. thought if I got over a couple brush piles I've caught fish on in the summer I'd get a couple, never had a bite. Went to Beeds Lake and had a tough time of it there also. I'm ready for open water.