Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Trolling motor battery questions

Post Thanks / Like

Question Trolling motor battery questions

Hello, I use a 30 lbs. thrust transom mouned Motor Guide on my 10' jon boat. My current battery is a EverStart 24DC-6 (rated at 75 amp hours). It does well, but when moveing in wind and/or current it seems to lose power (slow down) after and hour or so.I'm looking at a Everstart MAXX-29 (rated at 125 amp hours). Will this battery keep the boat moving better,faster and longer ? I can't find how many amps my Motor Guide pulls, does anyone know ? Any advice or opinions on these batteries. Can't afford a high dollar battery , EverStart fits my budget best. -Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

id stick with any 31 class battery, as long as its a deep cycle battery, no real need spending big money for a optima, you may want to try and get a bigger trolling motor so it doesnt have to work so hard, i had a 30 with samme deal, bought a 36 not much difference but i bought a bass pro brand its a 45 lb transom trolling motor and it pushes the boat all day long on one battery, i have it set up on a little 12 foot boat , just for a small restricted reservoir close by.

Post Thanks / Like

I got a trojan deep cycle trolling motor batter last all day
    Live2Fish

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Put the motor up front. The trolling motor is more efficient pulling rather than pushing the boat. Less power effort to steer and maneuver. Try this. Prob want need a new battery if you do this. MHAO

Tom
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Tom. They work much better on the bow. Just one bolt and nut on most motors to take out to turn either the head or the motor around.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va