Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MidSouth Super jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Default MidSouth Super jigs

Anybody use these tubes? I was wanting to order some but their website does not list the size. Can someone who uses them measure the overall length and let me know how long they are?
    I did see that GrizzyJigs sells them in a "regular" size and a 2" size. On the Midsouth site they only list one size.
    I am looking for a tube that is a full 2" in length. Most are only 1.5" to 1.75" overall

Thanks in Advance

East TN, Douglas,Cherokee,Watuga and South Holston
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe they are 2"
    Speck

Real men troll for crappie (Here Fishy Fishy !)

Post Thanks / Like

I have several colors and really like them. I'll measure them when I get home. I think you will find they are thicker (the actual tube part) and longer and will last longer when fighting big crappie. They kind of remind me of a small bass jig when compared to a cheap jig body.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM TWEENER!
    Member of Tri-State Crappie Anglers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tubes

Just measured one. They are 2 inches long. The super jig. I have ordered direct from them several times. They are reliable

Post Thanks / Like

Default Midsouth Super Jigs

Quote Originally Posted by MDCrappie
    Anybody use these tubes? I was wanting to order some but their website does not list the size. Can someone who uses them measure the overall length and let me know how long they are?
    I did see that GrizzyJigs sells them in a "regular" size and a 2" size. On the Midsouth site they only list one size.
    I am looking for a tube that is a full 2" in length. Most are only 1.5" to 1.75" overall

Thanks in Advance
    I have just receive some, I talked with the owner before I purchased
    them. She said they were 1.75 inches.
    I did not measure them, they are long enough for me and they look
    good.
    Billy Deuce

Fried Crappie.... "The real thing".

Post Thanks / Like

Yikess,

That's what I'm looking for is the longer body. I got some of the BPS tubes in 2" but they are not consistent in size at all. Most of the bodys on the 2" version are only about 3/4" long some of the bodies are only 1/2" long with 1.5" of tail.
    I usually fish a ball head inside the tube to make the head "puff" out and with the BPS tube it doesn't work really well.
    The Super jigs looks like it will do what I am looking for.

MAINEIAC - thanks for measuring - On the majority of the tubes you have does the body look to be at least 1/2 the length? Or does it look like the bodies or the tails are longer?

Thanks Again - I know I should just order them but with the price of other things now adays you really have to watch what you spend on "recreation stuff"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tubes

Tubes are 1 inch,tail is 1 inch. Shipping is a little high $9.00. But I ordered 800 tubes & 200 jig heads. $5.75 per hundred on the tubes, $9.50 per hundred on the jig heads.

Post Thanks / Like

they have some of the best GLOW jigs bodies on the market. And they know it too.

Post Thanks / Like

MAINEIAC - Thanks, that's what I wanted, an "even" half and half tube

Most places now-a-days the shipping is $9.00 for an order min. The Post Office has those "flat rate" boxes that are unlimited in weight and only limited to what you can fit into the box for $8.95, this is probably why. That's why I try and wait to order as much as I can.
    Spring is coming and I can't wait much longer.

Thanks for the info, I'm going to get a couple 100.

Anyway you look at it, Crappie fishing is much less than my old hobby of chasing those "green carp". $6.00 per 100 for tubes is much better the $30 per 100 for tubes! I was going broke.

Post Thanks / Like

Sac - You are so right, that Green/Chart Glow (1105GL) is one of the colors that I will be ordering. Should be killer!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast