Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody use one of these Tacker boats?

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Anybody use one of these Tacker boats?

Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a pretty decent deal even though I can't tell you about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nice boat!!

Yes! I've got one, and it has been a joy to own. The only draw-back is it only goes about 27 mph with two people in it. Other than that it has been great. It does pretty well on gas too. At $4800.00 that's a pretty good deal, but I'd still work on them a little. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

We had the 17' model with a 70hp for a number of years and it was a great boat. Every time I bounce my Skeeter fiberglass hull around the treetops while jigging, I miss that Tracker V !!
    Teach your kids to hunt and fish and you won't have to hunt for your kids !!

Post Thanks / Like

I had one like that but it was a few years older. The deep V sure made it nice while on the lake in winds. Had no problems with it as it was a solid boat. But I sold it too for a little larger one.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Are they pretty stable and how fast do they run with the 40? I noticed they are only 8" wider than what I got but mine isn't a deep-V.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

As I mentioned it runs about 27mph with two people in it. It is a very stable boat. It takes on fairly large waves without any mishaps. I would recommend it very highly.

Post Thanks / Like

Makes for a good trollin boat that's why all those walleye fisherman use em.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a good deal. but sure would be nice to have a bigger motor.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

I had a 17' circa 1995 for 11 years. Came with a 60-too slow for my taste and I put a 90 on it and that made all the difference in the world. I think the 16' would be underpowered with a 40.

Couple things to look for if you haven't had a deep V; make sure the trolling motor has a long enough shaft to stay in the water in heavy waves. BPS tends to sell the deep V's with shorter shafts than are required. If it's riveted, go over the bottom closely looking for loose rivets. After sliding over alot of wood and flexing the bottom repeatedly in an 11 year life, mine started taking on water and I had to repair it twice--that means tearing out the deck and bucking the rivets; look closely at the bow just below the water line and just back from there to the flat area of the hull--that's the stress area. If it's welded, check the seams. Check the transom at the corners and in the engine area; over time, they can develop stress fractures that are hard to see. With a 40, that's probably not the case here, but check anyway.

All that being said, I loved the boat. Always felt safe, no matter what the conditions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast