Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crappie Action :)

Daniel Tn Guest

Default Crappie Action :)

Well I'm a new member of the page here. Thought I'd jump in and join ya'll after reading some of the older posts and such. It seems there is a wealth of knowledge here. I have nothing to sell you guys and don't have any sponsors to endorse. I'm just the average Joe that loves crappie fishing. I really don't care what brand of anything it is, as long as it works to put fish in the boat

Every board I visit has its own little niche for what lures the guys like throwing. I guess my two favorite all time crappie getters are as follows:

2 & 3 inch curly tail grubs on jig heads. I like them in one color only: lime/sparkle. Don't matter who makes them...have caught many of crappies on some I bought at boat and fishing shows that were mass produced with no name on them.

And here recently I have taken a liking to those Wooly Beavertails.

I fish the Tn River chain of lakes...well mostly Watts Bar, Chickamauga, and the Hiwassee River. Watts Bar has some good fish in it. I have bought several videos on crappie fishing where the guys think they are really into the "slabs" by catching 10-11 inch crappies. When the average crappie on Watts Bar is probably 12 inches. LOL I always thought I should film a video on Watts Bar catching those normal size fish and making people freak out. 2-3 pound crappie aren't out of the ordinary and 1.5 is the norm. I know of a few 3 pounders caught last year. Hiwassee and Chickamauga have numbers of fish. It's nothing to really catch 30+ fish in the 10 inch and below range on those waters. Still fun to catch though. The Hiwassee is closer to me to get to from my home so in the winter I fish it a lot. But anyway, that's my intro. See ya'll around.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Tn
    I have nothing to sell you guys and don't have any sponsors to endorse.
    Welcome to the minority.
    Last edited by deathb4disco; 02-11-2008 at 01:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard. Nice intro !
    "Only Death will end my love affair with Texas"........... Bob Bullock

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the board Daniel.....you've come to the right place if your addicted to catcing slab crappy's!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from SC Daniel.

Post Thanks / Like

Default hello

Hello from Ky! Will you take me fishin on Chickamauga?

East TN, Douglas,Cherokee,Watuga and South Holston
    Post Thanks / Like

welcome from north east tn
    Speck

Real men troll for crappie (Here Fishy Fishy !)

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the board from MD. Glad to hear about the fishing on Watts Bar and Chickamauga. Wife's family originally from the Surgoinsville and the Rogersville area and we'll move into Spring City sometime in the near future. Save a few of those slabs for me....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nu2Fresh
    Welcome to the board from MD. Glad to hear about the fishing on Watts Bar and Chickamauga. Wife's family originally from the Surgoinsville and the Rogersville area and we'll move into Spring City sometime in the near future. Save a few of those slabs for me....
    Floated from the VFW just south of Kingsport to Rogersville and Surgoinsville a few times fer some smallies. Fun times.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Mississippi !

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast