Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Blackshear News????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Blackshear News????

Anybody fished it lately? Or heard of anyone fishing it? Are the crappie in shallow yet? I imagine they are. Just curious. Probably won't get up there till this coming Monday. Gonna try Banks lake closer to home here in Valdosta tomorrow. Gas prices have got me looking for shorter crappie trips. My ol 86 4 runner drinks gas something awful. The rivers are all above flood stage now, so options are limited. Take care.

Post Thanks / Like

Crappster, I was up there Monday morning. Started out under Smoak Bridge...nothing. Around 10:30 or so, I headed to the back of the creek to check out the trees. Lots of boats back there. I didn't have any luck but a couple of guys that I talked to were catching a few up tight on the trees.

I was planning on heading back up this afternoon to fish the back of the creek again but the weather was pretty rotten.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Banks Lake

Hello Crappster, That banks lake sure is a beautyful lake, I lived in Lakeland before moving to Savannah,I think I fished in every creek, river and lake around there. Sure was a nice quite little town. Went this morning but got rained out, Only fished about thirty min. before I had to leave. Good luck if you get to go. Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

I went today. No luck. Caught a few bass on minnows. I fished shallow around trees in Parker's Slough and another slough I believe is called Cannon Branch(it's on the Lee County side) I talked to several fishermen and they were having the same luck as me. To begin with I thought it was just me since I'm new to fishing for crappie at Blackshear. Thought about trying them again tomorrow. Maybe I should go deeper. All that rain may have them messed up. Good luck to anyone that goes.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow....that is really strange curtis. Its been about five days of 70 degree weather. Makes no sense. Was the water muddy? The water temp in the lake has gotta be over 60 degrees by now. I hope they are in shallow by Monday. Thanks for the report everyone.