Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Minn Kota PD foot pedal problems

Post Thanks / Like

Default Minn Kota PD foot pedal problems

Anyone have problems with the foot pedals going bad?
    I have had two go bad in the past two years.
    One was the momentary power and now the continuos power has went out
    on the other one.

Not particularly hard on them and the only thing I can figure is moisture getting on the board inside the pedal and causing it to burn out.
    I looked at both buttons and they appear to be corroded and defenitly
    have no power going to them, but all other functins on both pedals work fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it the continuous switch not staying down?
    If so theres a screw on the bottom under the switch. Tighten it and the switch will stay down.
    Pete

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I know they had a run of bad ones a few years back but I thought they got that straight.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I had a maxx motor that had a bad cicuit board or something like that which caused the same type of problem...

Post Thanks / Like

I have had two go bad on me in 2 years. I have started putting it inside the truck when I leave the lake. About every 5-6 trips I take it apart and blow it out with and air tank to get all the grit and such out of it. Seems to be helping.

You can order a new one for about 10.00 more that just the board .

Sam W
    Let's go fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Foot Pedal

I uesed to have a problem them also bot if you get sand on your feet the ramp it will get into switch and cause wear. rinse your shoes off and if you see any sand or grit on the foot pedal i drop mine in the water and rinse it off.Also you can order the speed control resistor from minnkota.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I just had to replace mine on a Maxum Pro. The molding on the back of the reistat came loose and broke a wire made it run on high all the time. Had to replace the whole board . Would have been over $200 plus labor, but luckily the TM guy had a used one for sale,works great, and saved me alot of money too.

Post Thanks / Like

I pulled the front off and looks like the circuit board is corroded around the
    button that the white plastic piece pushes down on when it is in continuos mode.
    I have found them for 74.00, does anyone know of a cheaper price?

Post Thanks / Like

Try to keep you foot pedal in you dry storage when you are not using it! Over exposer to moister can have a affect on the regular PD model foot pedals! The V2 models or not as bad but I would recomend the same! The new Terrova model foot pedals are the most weather resistant. $74.00 is not a bad price for a complete foot pedal I can sell you the replacement contol board that goes in the foot pedal for around $58.00 witch would be all you would need to get you back going! After you instal it spray some silicon spray you get at your local automotive parts store on it and it will help with the moister problem. If I can help you any more call me at 1 (800) 305-9866 or pm me.
    Lance
    Mr. Plucker