PDA

View Full Version : Done got caught

jug head
02-11-2008, 07:19 AM
Played hookey to fish on Friday, picture in paper on Sunday, butt chewed on Monday from boss.

crap-king
02-11-2008, 08:21 AM
the chewing is over with now ain't it

father of 4
02-11-2008, 08:48 AM
lol how was the fishing lol

radtexan
02-11-2008, 09:16 AM
The boss has got to understand Cabin Fever.It should be a recognized illness,if not find a new Doctor!!!!

FROSTY
02-11-2008, 10:05 AM
Tell him you were out doing PR work for the COMPANY!!

FishnLine
02-11-2008, 11:01 AM
It's easier to get forgivness than it is to get permission. :)

fingerlicken
02-11-2008, 11:07 AM
jug head your luck was'nt very good with the boss, but how was the fishing?

pstone
02-11-2008, 03:15 PM
Dangit Jug Head, you gotta be more carefull!!!!

jug head
02-11-2008, 05:35 PM
Fish bite was bad couldn't find them water temp was 46 degrees trolled all over 20' water. The depth finder showing fish, but no bite. But nice day out side temp in the 60's . It's just around the corner, I can smell it .

crappiecrazy
02-11-2008, 11:14 PM
Jug,
You might ask Canepole to borrow the sack that he wears over his head. Nobody would reconize {sp} you next time you play hooky.

Rollcaster
02-11-2008, 11:24 PM
I got busted one time years ago. I called in sick to fish with my buddy and wouldn't ya know, I'd see my boss on the same lake fishing. Apparently he had taken the day off to fish. Even tried to be slick and not face him as he motored by in his boat. Just keep fishing along, minding my on business. The worst thing was, I was hung on the dock with the first cast, and pretended to keep casting so he see me. Boy did I get a chewing the next day. Even worse, he caught more fish than me. LOL Rollcaster...............

ad1974
02-12-2008, 03:56 PM
Wow...that's some bad luck.

Deacon
02-12-2008, 04:21 PM
I always said I would rather ask for forgiving than permission.

DRPEPPER
02-12-2008, 04:59 PM
I tried to line up a trip with Darrel last year and bring some customers to entertain. Boy I thought I had it figured out, paid trip and all. But, my boss didn't understand why I couldn't take them on the weekend. My excuse was "It's high noon during the spawn!! There ain't no weekend spots available on Darryls' boat"
Then everybody started backing out on me. I had three people lined up to go. I might try the same excuse this year. But, I ain't going to be bothered with taking any wishywashy customers.
DP

SpeckWick
02-12-2008, 08:45 PM
" I have NEVER called in sick to go fishing!".....Was that convincing? That's what I told my boss last April when I called in to get on the slabs while they were tearing it up during the spawn. What was I supposed to do? All my friends were out filling the boat with crappie and since spring is our busy season, I couldn't get out. Gotta do what ya gotta do, right? He tried to trip me up and say one of the guys saw me pulling the boat up the highway, but I only drive about three minutes from my house to the water, Maybe he woulda caught me had he checked how close I live to the lake. Avoided the a*# chewing that day anyway. Oh, and by the way, I tore 'em up that fine April morning, so it all turned out just fine. Just a thought....ya know they can't fire a person who has a drug addiction or achoholism as it is a sickness, or so I understand. What's the difference between that and the sickness we all have? When I know the crappie are biting, I get the sweats, twitches, start hearing voices, all of the same symptoms as the other so called "diseases". I say we start the SAA-Slab Addicts Anonymous. Then we can use our addictions as both and excuse for missing work AND a reason they can't fire us when we get caught....Who's in?

wannabe fisherman
02-13-2008, 07:51 AM
" I have NEVER called in sick to go fishing!".....Was that convincing? That's what I told my boss last April when I called in to get on the slabs while they were tearing it up during the spawn. What was I supposed to do? All my friends were out filling the boat with crappie and since spring is our busy season, I couldn't get out. Gotta do what ya gotta do, right? He tried to trip me up and say one of the guys saw me pulling the boat up the highway, but I only drive about three minutes from my house to the water, Maybe he woulda caught me had he checked how close I live to the lake. Avoided the a*# chewing that day anyway. Oh, and by the way, I tore 'em up that fine April morning, so it all turned out just fine. Just a thought....ya know they can't fire a person who has a drug addiction or achoholism as it is a sickness, or so I understand. What's the difference between that and the sickness we all have? When I know the crappie are biting, I get the sweats, twitches, start hearing voices, all of the same symptoms as the other so called "diseases". I say we start the SAA-Slab Addicts Anonymous. Then we can use our addictions as both and excuse for missing work AND a reason they can't fire us when we get caught....Who's in?

sounds good to me :D

shipahoy41
02-13-2008, 08:00 AM
" I have NEVER called in sick to go fishing!"... When I know the crappie are biting, I get the sweats, twitches, start hearing voices, all of the same symptoms as the other so called "diseases". I say we start the SAA-Slab Addicts Anonymous. Then we can use our addictions as both and excuse for missing work AND a reason they can't fire us when we get caught....Who's in?

I'm in. When I lived in Ohio, I called in "Under the weather" to watch the Browns or to go to West Branch quite frequently. Usually the weather was calm and peaceful, slightly overcast and I was teaching a jig how to swim or rooting the Browns on especially against the Steelers!!

jug head
02-13-2008, 06:44 PM
Your right on the addiction. Gotto love it. Our boat and fishing is in town this weekend, broke out the penny bank. It only comes 1 time a year. They have some great deals on all fishing tackle, last year dealer was selling allstars rods/ 3- 100.00$

drfishjd
02-14-2008, 10:43 AM
Surely the boss would consider making "reasonable accomodations" to persons suffering with "crappie addictive disorder". I'm pretty sure the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) ought to apply to this disabling malady. I'd think that in addition to vacation or sick days there ought to be "bitin' days". I know I get extremely cranky when they are slammin slabs and I can't go. It would make the workplace a better environment for all. . .

Good fishing.

Kit Papermouth
02-14-2008, 01:00 PM
You Forgot to put on a Dorothy costume from the Wizard of Oz.
You're boss would have never believed that was you.

G.

turkeyfootnc
02-17-2008, 02:24 PM
This reminds me of a co-worker from years ago, at another place he worked, he called in sick, or just laid out but he went fishing and caught a big fish and had his picture put in the paper. His boss at the time saw the picture in the paper and fired the guy!

wannabe fisherman
02-17-2008, 03:50 PM
This reminds me of a co-worker from years ago, at another place he worked, he called in sick, or just laid out but he went fishing and caught a big fish and had his picture put in the paper. His boss at the time saw the picture in the paper and fired the guy!

probably jealous because he caught a big fish.:D :D