PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for my missionary wife please

rushcreekoutdoor
02-10-2008, 10:55 PM
Hey guys, I would appreciate all prayers for my wife and a group of seven Kentucky WMU women who will be going to Brazil on a mission trip begining this Sunday. They will be on a prayerwalk in preparation of and at the locations where missionaries will come during this year. We have been on trips before, but this one is a big step for her. I am very proud of her. She is one of the strongest Christians that I know. She and the other women in our church are so very mission minded and faithful in prayer. When I watch them work, I often realize how richly the Lord has blessed me and how little I really sacrifice for Him.

Is something missing in your life? Are you scared and alone? Jesus told us that he stands at the door and knocks and if we hear him and we will but open that door he will come in and be with us forever. That promise from is the beginning of peace in your life. I tell you this only because I am nothing more than a sinner, redeemed by God's unmerited grace. Everything that I have, my family, my job, my home, my fishing, it is all a perfect gift from God.
It is my prayer that Jesus will fill the hearts of all those who use this forum who have never opened that door. God Bless you all and thank you for your prayers.

rushcreekoutdoor
rick major

fish-wva
02-10-2008, 11:00 PM
may your wife and all who travel with her be in gods hands to guide and help spread the word of gods love to all whom they speak to. Amen.

rushcreekoutdoor
02-11-2008, 08:27 AM
thank you fish-wva
rco

CrappieHound
02-11-2008, 08:29 AM
Well said Rush. We have many missionaries in the field as well. I will pass this on to our church body.

God Bless,

The Hound

Nu2Fresh
02-11-2008, 12:49 PM
Rick, At our praryer meeting Wednesday, we'll not only lift up the missions team, but those in Brazil that are about hear of God's love and grace.

Downwind
02-11-2008, 03:09 PM
Rick, your wife may want to contact the Pastor at Buckrun Baptist Church. Pastor Hershael York was born in Brazil and makes mission trips to Brazil. He knows several people there and would be a great resource for information. We will also place your wife on our prayer list Wed. night.

http://www.buckrun.org/templates/System/details.asp?id=27193&PG=contact&Style=&RecordType=&pkg=

speck chaser
02-11-2008, 05:47 PM
thanks for the thoughts rush they are in my prayers

rushcreekoutdoor
02-11-2008, 08:11 PM
thanks guys,

God Bless all of you.
rick

Whitecap
02-11-2008, 08:13 PM
I will put them in my prayers.

Quicksilver1958
02-11-2008, 08:56 PM
may your wife and all who travel with her be in gods hands to guide and help spread the word of gods love to all whom they speak to. Amen.

Could not have said it any better.. Prayers sent from the Lone Star state

crappiechaser2
02-11-2008, 10:52 PM
I will be sure and say a prayer for your wife and the group of ladies. Hope they have a very good trip and do lots of work for God....May God Bless them and keep them safe.....

CRAPPIE 123
02-11-2008, 11:03 PM
Great post Rick... May the Lord be with these great women... Prayers sent.

crappiecrazy
02-11-2008, 11:06 PM
Yes, I will pray for your wifes trip.

This statement you made "Everything that I have, my family, my job, my home, my fishing, it is all a perfect gift from God" was on my mind all day. It made it a Great Day! Thanks.

westexslabber
02-11-2008, 11:51 PM
I have been reading comments on this site for sometime now and have only recently decided to do any post myself. I don't make a habit of chat or forums for that matter. However this site has so much great fishing information. And one of the main things I noticed right off was so many brothers in Christ. Willing to talk about their faith and ask for prayers for one another. What an Oasis on the net (that is so cluttered with garbage) this site has so much good and seems to draw a lot of great people.
My prayers with be with these sisters as they head south. After all, is not crappie just practice for our real job as Christians. We are called to be fishers of men.:)

CatchumDeep
02-12-2008, 09:40 AM
Is something missing in your life? Are you scared and alone? Jesus told us that he stands at the door and knocks and if we hear him and we will but open that door he will come in and be with us forever. That promise from is the beginning of peace in your life. I tell you this only because I am nothing more than a sinner, redeemed by God's unmerited grace. Everything that I have, my family, my job, my home, my fishing, it is all a perfect gift from God.
It is my prayer that Jesus will fill the hearts of all those who use this forum who have never opened that door. God Bless you all and thank you for your prayers.

rushcreekoutdoor
rick major

Well said Rick and my prayers are with your wife and the mission team. Brazil is a great mission field. My wife and I are considering going back there this fall. It would be our fourth trip to the country.

I remember when I had a big hole in my life that nothing would fill. I tried most everything the world had to offer but nothing would satisfy that uneasy, deep longing. I'd accomplish or acquire something and it would feel good for several days, then the disatisfaction would return and I'd be off looking for something else. Money, success, relationships, marriage, family, hobbies (yes even fishing), etc. all left me looking for more. I received eternal life one night and found the peace, fulfillment, joy and satisfaction that I'd been looking for my whole life. Only God could fill that big ole hole in my life. Life now gets better every day. I only regret that I waited so long to make that decision for Christ. My prayer if also for everyone on this forum that has "never opened that door" and found the abundant life (and eternal life) that Jesus wants for all of us.

Thanks, Dan

kycreek
02-12-2008, 09:42 AM
God bless them and look out for them!

shipahoy41
02-12-2008, 01:04 PM
My prayers are going up.

rushcreekoutdoor
02-12-2008, 09:27 PM
Guys this is great. Mindy read the posts tonight and she wanted me to tell you thank you all so much for the prayers.
rick

skiptomylu
02-12-2008, 11:20 PM
May God Bless watch over them on their journey and.

I have been down what some bad flu for the last few days so just saw your post.