PDA

View Full Version : ? - How would you handle Situation!!!!!!!!!

lovetofish
03-25-2005, 09:40 AM
I had an encounter yesterday evening while fishing that really tee'd me off. I was fishing about a 30 ft stretch of bank and had caught 4 nice slabs and a fellow in other boat just motored right up in front of me and tied off on a log. He was no more than 25 ft. from me. I didn't say anything at the time. I fished around and moved over about 40 yards and started fishing in other spot and he untied and went to the area I had been in. After about fifteen minutes or so I headed back to where I had started and went around the other boat. This fellow had the nerve to tell me I was a rude person for cutting him off. Boy, did that hit the wrong nerve with me. I told him that he should have thought about what he dad done before he opened his big mouth. I told him if he was a real person he wouldn't have moved in on me to begin with. There was 2700 acres out there and he didn't have to fish on top of me. I also told him he need to go and find his own fish like a real fisherman and not rely on other people to do it for him. That just made him more mad. I then told him he was like a coyote. Let someone else do his work for him. Question is what would ya'll do in this situation and how to better handle it?

crappieseeker
03-25-2005, 10:00 AM
Let me tell you this. I use to have to fish from the bank before I bought me a boat. I would get to a spot 4 hours before daylight and lay claim to the hole to make sure I could fish when daylight aproached. I usually would never get a bite before the sun came up, but when it did I was gauranteed to catch well over my limit almost every time. I would wait several hours just to have some guy pull up in a boat right at daylight and cut me off. This happened many times. Then I have had people to come in on me and put on waders and wade right out in front of me and fish. I thought by buying me a boat it would get easier. Now I have people tying off so close to me that their boats bang off of mine sometimes. Alot of people dont have respect for others these days. I am not the type of person to cause trouble, I just eventually move away. I hate it when it happens, but I just keep my mouth shut. I just pride myself in keeping the peace, and hope that they get their do justice somehow. You cant be too carefull these days. Someone is likely to shoot you these days for asking them not to move in on you.

Moose1am
03-25-2005, 10:16 AM
You have two options the way I see it.

1. You can start up a conservation and try to befriend the guy. After all you both have something in common. You both like to crappie fish. There are plenty of crappie in most spots for two people to get enough for supper. Since Crappie are prolific breaders they can easily replace those fish that you two catch.

2. You can get upset and let him bother you. You can get into a verbal argument and what will that do? You may chase him off but you will definatly get high blood pressure in doing that. Most likey you won't change his habit of hording in on your spot. Arguing with him will most likely make him defensive and he will dig in his heels and you won't have accomplish anything.

Since the lake is a public lake there is really nothing that can be done to keep others from fishing what you think is your private spot. I am the same way and I too get upset when someone comes zooming down or up the lake and gets right in my cove and starts fishing. I usually will make rude comments about them under my breath but very rarely will I openly confront them. I sometimes feel like getting a CANNON and shooting a few warnung shots across their bow. LOL

My recomendation is to chose number 1 above and try to make a friend. Maybe if you become friends and you go fishing together someday you can teach him manners and explain to him that it's not right to horn in on someone elses fishing spot. Show him by example next time he is in YOUR boat. Maybe he was not taught couresy by his father or grandfather. Not everyone is shown the proper way to behave on the lake like most of the fishermen. Someguys are just clueless to what is considered sportsmanship. They need to be shown what is right and what is wrong. But you won't be able to do that by critizing him or her. Showing them by example is the best teacher. That is how my father taught me. When I started fishing at KY lake I would not even enter the same cove that another boat was fishing (bass fishing). I was taught that it was rude to do that. I also was told stories about my dad's fishing partner cursing out other boaters that got too close to his boat when he was fishing KY lake. But that was years ago when there were not as many boats on the water. We could fish all day long back then and not see more than three or four other fishermen. We had the lake pretty much to ourself during the week days. Only on the weekends did we see more than ten boats on the lake. But today there are just more and more people using the waters and we all have to learn to share the resources.

I had an encounter yesterday evening while fishing that really tee'd me off. I was fishing about a 30 ft stretch of bank and had caught 4 nice slabs and a fellow in other boat just motored right up in front of me and tied off on a log. He was no more than 25 ft. from me. I didn't say anything at the time. I fished around and moved over about 40 yards and started fishing in other spot and he untied and went to the area I had been in. After about fifteen minutes or so I headed back to where I had started and went around the other boat. This fellow had the nerve to tell me I was a rude person for cutting him off. Boy, did that hit the wrong nerve with me. I told him that he should have thought about what he dad done before he opened his big mouth. I told him if he was a real person he wouldn't have moved in on me to begin with. There was 2700 acres out there and he didn't have to fish on top of me. I also told him he need to go and find his own fish like a real fisherman and not rely on other people to do it for him. That just made him more mad. I then told him he was like a coyote. Let someone else do his work for him. Question is what would ya'll do in this situation and how to better handle it?

VietVet68
03-25-2005, 10:28 AM
<chuckle> Years ago I found a Muskie Jitterbug on a bargain table, it remained unused for several seasons. Then one day while still fishing I had a water skier trying to see how close he could get, I let it go until I could see that it was intentional. I then took the "Bug" out and put it on one of my "flippin" sticks.
I then proceeded to launch it about 10 yards out in front of him, that ended that! After some thought, I cut the barbs off of the gang trebels just in case.

Now days you cut me off or encroach within a unreasonable distance, and you will get a real good at my "bug". I don't know how many have seen an incoming Musky Jitterbug, but I'll guarantee it will get your attention. I have only had to use it twice....but it worked very well both times.

I can remember years ago when most all respected your right to a reasonable amount of water, today many won't even respect your right to breath.

TAE73
03-25-2005, 11:01 AM
People should give others respect of the area they are fishing. I have had people come and tie up to a tree no more than 10 feet from me. How rude do people have to be, give each other space. I dont care if its 5 acres or 100,00 acres. If you wanted to fish that spot you should have gotten there before me. If you was there I would move on down the lake to another spot. I told a friend of mine one day where I was catch some fish durning the spawn. Next day I was back there fishing, well he shows up instead of fishing behind me. He motors on around me, knowing that I was headed in that direction and started fishing. It really burned my butt, not that I mind helping a friend out fishing, but there has to be some kind of curtisy. It only gets worse during the spawn and summer time. I am growing really fawned of fishing in the dead of winter. Less people and no skier or pleasure boaters or water fleas, I know they have as much right as I do. But learn to give respect to others and treat others like you would be like to be treated. I do feel fortunate to have a boat to go on any part of the lake, but someone is bank fishing I give them all the room that I can.

Just a few weeks ago, I was fishing in a real narrow cove not much wider than 30 feet. A guy was BASS FISHING with his wife seating in the back seat reading. I hear her ask "where you goin?" Him "around this boat and into the back of the cove" Has he passes me ask me if I was catching any. I was nice and said yes a few, as I was saying this I hooked a nice crappie. I chucked it the livewell, I headed back to the front of the boat next thing I hear is the sound of the rod box flinging open and tackle boxes opening. The guy procceds to get his crappie tackle out and started fishing. I was so pissed I could have spit nails. I was really happy when I fished some water that he had fished and hauled in a 12" crappie. I made sure I hooped and haulder about that for him to turn around and look. Served the jerk right!

whizkids
03-25-2005, 11:03 AM
I agree with Moose but I don't like it. The water is free and public domin for all to use. When I started fishing boats wouldn't come in the same cove with you. If you watch fishing shows on TV or see the magazines you will see tournament professionals fishing virtually nose to tail. It is a different culture today. I now fish crappie tournaments and it is not unusual to have 15 to 25 boats in an area. You just have to adjust. A good attitude on my part seems to help other folks attitude.

Big George
03-25-2005, 11:07 AM
He should be thankful you were a nice guy I know some that would have sent him home with his teeth in his pocket personally I never let it bother me to much cause they cant catch crappie like me or you can

Kenny
03-25-2005, 12:06 PM
I agree with what you did lovetofish..I too am pretty easy going and would most likely not have said anything but when he had the nerve to get on you that would have done it for me too..I agree that avoiding trouble is the best but sometimes a jerk just has to be told that he is a jerk....

big "E"
03-25-2005, 12:16 PM
I posted about a similar incedent when I was setting brush piles in a cove.A fella came around the bend saw what I was about to do and rolled right over my marker buoy and punched it into his gps then smuggly smiled at me and shrugged.I asked him if he had any luck and he said not until now.I too am a docile person and avoid conflict because I believe like other that confrontation wont solve a thing and will most times worsen the situation.But this guy really got me riled.My 7 year old daughter said , loud enough for him to hear her " daddy , that guy just stole our spot."From the mouths of babes......

ak-moose
03-25-2005, 12:36 PM
i would get with some of these navy guys and ask how to rig up a magnetic or motion sea type mine......

scrap
03-25-2005, 01:43 PM
It happens to everyone - everywhere. Unfortunately it seems people have no respect anymore. I suggest to everyone be a true sportsman/woman bite your tongue and fish as if they are not there. I don't think I could befriend the person but I won't let it ruin my day.

Crapbie
03-25-2005, 03:37 PM
Maybe you could carry a diving flag with you, here in florida atleast if you have one out people have to stay atleast a disignated distance away. When anyone got close you could just point underwater and then at the flag, if they dont lisen you just let them know about the law. I don't think the law said someone actually had to be diving at the time. You could just say you were thinking about going swimming after fishing.

Tube4Slabs
03-25-2005, 03:43 PM
During the spawn some real yahoos come out of the woodwork around here. Theres one main brush pile that everyone knows about and it some times produces. Well this day I was fishing this brush pile no more then 25 feet off the shore and the fish just werent there like normal. Well some guy trolls right up(electric only lake) and anchors up in between me and the bank, no more then 3 feet from shore. Knowing I just fished this spot for awhile and only caught a few I just gave him some looks and moved up along the shore. Well I started nailing fish here and there up the banks, while he was watching his huge bobber slip float rig w/ minnow get no hits. I worked my way up then I started back towards him. when I got to him I went by his boat w/in say 5 feet and casted and fished directly beside his floats for 10 minutes with out saying a word(and even caught a few) If someone moves in on me I dont really say a whole lot I let my actions speak, I'll motor all around him and fish right next to him and bug the crap out of him like he did to me. I'll literall bump boats with him and cast right into his lines and sometimes even tangle them on purpose, if he says anything about that, I simply say, hey you knew I was fishing here when you pulled up. I now have sunk alot of brush so now I have alot more spots to hit when the yahoos come out of the wood work to get away.

okeechobee fisher
03-25-2005, 03:51 PM
Maybe you could carry a diving flag with you, here in florida atleast if you have one out people have to stay atleast a disignated distance away. When anyone got close you could just point underwater and then at the flag, if they dont lisen you just let them know about the law. I don't think the law said someone actually had to be diving at the time. You could just say you were thinking about going swimming after fishing.

thats a good idea im gonna try that next time!!! :D

lovetofish
03-25-2005, 03:56 PM
UPDATE ON UNRULEY FISHERMAN

Just got off phone with one of my fishing buddies and he told me that the fellow I had words with yesterday was back on lake this morning. He did the same thing to someone else and they had words also. But, this time when the unruley person(?) left, he left out in a hurry and the park rangers were just around the corner waiting on him. We have a no wake zone in several of the areas of the lake and he just happened to be going to fast out of there. My buddy said everyone pulled over to watch the excitement as the fellow tried to talk himself out of it. He didn't have any luck they said. After all the dust settled he left madder than a wet hen and with a ticket for $75.00. The park rangers said if he had kept going at the rate he was going he would have been banned from the lake altogether. Couldn't have happened to a nicer fellow. LOL THese are what I caught yesterday - even though I had to put up with unruly fisherman
IMG http://www.snapfish.com/slideshow/AlbumID=21167519/PictureID=461093069/t_=22259675/IMG

TAE73
03-25-2005, 04:08 PM
Glad to hear that the law was around when you want them to be around.

fiddlefarter
03-25-2005, 04:56 PM
I had a feller in pontoon boat go right over a stump I had caught 3 keepers in 4 casts off of a couple weeks ago. I rang his pontoon with the jig I was castin' and hollered "the channel is over there, dumba$$" and the guy just smiled. My dad was in his boat about 40 yards from me and he thought it was a rather funny site. The guy went a creek up a ways. A little while later my dad went up in the creek and I told him I was coming up there in a little bit. I also told him if he was sittin' next to that dude when he heard me comin' he needed to get out of the way. (I was planning a 65mph flyby). After a little while I probably did the right thing and just let it go. Which is what I do everytime. The spring is full of idiots that don't know where they're goin or care about you sittin' there.

Crapbie
03-25-2005, 05:20 PM
Good to hear someone else plans flyby's. When ever someone does one to me when I'm fishing I always want to do one back but deny the urge always. I think the water rangers should do an eye for an eye and whatever they witness they do back to the person. May not work on all occasions like drunk driving lol but you know what I mean.

DmDuck
03-25-2005, 06:27 PM
See that's why I have this habit of carrying a pistol on my side ....you know in case a snake falls in the boat .... hey they don't know it's loaded with bird shot . Usually they turn right around and keep distance respectable .

On a side note I've also showed up and had guys that have been on a body of water all day with minimal luck, motor along side and ask ... "What the blazes I was fishin with because I was catchin fish and they weren't" .... hand 'em some "extra" bodies I had in the box and everyone went away with fish in the live well .

Sometimes grace can make an unpleasurable experience better for all involved ....heck next time they motor into you just offer to let 'em onto your rig , maybe they'll split the fuel cost .....LMAO

Ranger375
03-25-2005, 06:57 PM
Some good ideas coming forth...LOL Wish could be used. my thinking is since water is public as Moose says the best thing to do is don't lower yourself to their level and be discourtese (spellin). Hopefully for all the b-holes there are 4 or 5 really nice guys/gals out there that respect the other fisher person.

Oregon slabman
03-25-2005, 07:59 PM
We have those guys out West also. I call them seagulls. If they see any action they come right in, just like seagulls. The worst part is,that like seagulls, one attracts another. I have been anchored 15 yds from shore and had them come between me and the shore,catch a fish and then circle my boat fishing. This being on a 52 mile long reservoir with no other boats in sight. I try to get my crew to not catch anything, have a snack or leave the jigs up high out of the zone. Sometimes the not catching a fish part is easy as the seagull motoring over the fish ends the bite.Hopefully the seagull will leave.If not then I will usually move on, depending on which spot I am fishing. Some seagulls are sneaky. They ease in and want to feel you out with small talk. If you respond in a friendly way they take this as a sign that you are ok with them moving in on you. Personally, I am not out there to visit.Talk to me at the launch or cleaning station but unless you are a good friend give me my space on the water.I used to let them know how I felt but I am getting better at controlling my anger as I get older. You can't teach ethics and respect to someone who should have learned these things in their upbringing.

Bassman
03-25-2005, 08:04 PM
Here in Washington theres lots of people like that espesially(spelling) on our rivers. Like this one time i was out fishing way up stream of these fly fisherman salmon snaggers and they left. 45 minutes later i had moved down stream and was catching fish legally (not snagging) and they came back and started yellin and hollerin that i had took there spot when they had left and went clear to town. So i Know what your talking about. The favorite game of bank fishermen here is to try hit the jet boat going up stream with there 3oz sinkers.Its pretty funny too.

FalconSmitty
03-25-2005, 08:31 PM
Just a thought here.... Just ease towards the buttwipe cast to his motor... Slip right up there nice and friendly and unhook your jig...while down there slide his plug out drift away a good distance and wave with the plug. Your jig getting caught on the plug was an accident. :rolleyes:

fiddlefarter
03-25-2005, 10:11 PM
Dmduck, I was with my dad fishing when I was about 13 and some dudes that appeared to be drunk came within about 15 yds of us anchored by a stump running wide open. They were in one of them real loud and throw a high rooster-tail but could get brought to tears to never be seen showin' out around there again by a fast well set up bass boat, type boat. You all know the type. I remember I scared me bad at the time. I thought they were gonna hit us. We were in pretty wide creek and a bridge was right past us so they had to turn around and come back by us on their way out. As they went by the first time my dad said "hand me my pistol" Which I obliged. They were close enough to shoot and coming straight towards us after they turned around. With a bead drawn upon the nearest passenger all four of 'ems eyes were so wide it looked like they'd seen a ghost. He didn't fire but he cocked the hammer and his finger was on the trigger. It's probably a good thing for them he didn't fire cause he probably would have hit one. He was a helicopter crew chief in viet nam and he has a lot of experience on moving targets. I wouldn't have wanted to be in thier place. But they did scare us. You could here that boat running down the river away from us till you couldn't hear it no more.

TAE73
03-25-2005, 11:10 PM
A paintball gun would do wonders, washes right off with water!

gooch
03-26-2005, 12:07 AM
Well this idea should only be used when someone is squeezing you on a really hot hole but I have a buddy that had somone pull up 25 foot from him and drop anchor. My buddy just took his clothes off and kept fishing. The guy just shook his head pulled his anchor and left never to return. I gotta tell you that the fish have got to be really hammerin it to keep me fishing next to a guy thats 100 pounds over weight,sweating and fishing naked.

fiddlefarter
03-26-2005, 12:19 AM
:eek: If I see a guy fishing nekked anywhere on the lake I'm goin' elsewhere. Sometimes thin pants make me nervous around pointed objects like fish hooks.

Meat on the Table
03-26-2005, 02:00 AM
Several years ago, a friend and I were fishing a one day crappie tournament. We were sitting on a spot at 5am , just waiting for 6am starting time. Heard a boat, turned out to be a large houseboat with out of state license. He pulled up and and pushed my boat off of the spot. I went up the side of the house boat and was in the wheel house so quick, that man screamed like a little girl. I insisted he move his boat or I would move it for him and he would be swimming after it. Another time, a buddy and I was fishing a deep water brush pile(put in by me) when a boat load of guys came flying by cussing and screaming at us. We fished on and decided to go up a tribuatary to a spring hole I know of . We saw the boat fishing another brushpile, eased by with no wake. When they say where we were going, they had to be first. Well it didn't take long for that 115hp to blitz my 25hp. But, they did not know the water and hit an old blown out bridge pier that was about a foot under water. You know a ranger bassboat really will float without a transom. ONce again the tortoise wins.

DENNIS BOWERS
03-26-2005, 06:19 AM
:mad: LOVETOFISH-YOU DID THE RIGHT THING!AS SPRING & SUMMER GET CLOSER THE PROBLEM GETS WORSE HERE!RIGHT NOW THE CRAPPIE WANNA-BES TIE UP NEXT TO YA,FOLLOW YA,WAKE YA,ECT!!!IN A FEW MONTHS IT WILL BE THE DAMN JET SKIES AND SPEED BOATS--I JUST TRY TO BITE MY TONGUE UNTIL I CAN STAND IT NO LONGER!!GLAD I DONT CARRY A GUN---I"D PRY BE IN PRISON!!!!GOOD FISHIN TO YA!!!!DENNIS

chaunc
03-26-2005, 07:09 AM
Ive been reported by jetskiers, to the warden, for having my BB rifle setting in my boat in plane sight of them. Probably because when they got to close, I'd throw a bobber in the water in their direction, and start shooting at my bobber. Them BB's really skim across that water.... As for rude dudes getting to close, they see the gun too and move on. Oh.. use balsa or cork bobbers..... them plastic ones dont last long!!!

Don G
03-26-2005, 08:31 AM
I had the perfect solution back when I had an outboard jet. If someone pulled in on me I would turn the stern to them, tilt the jet up, crank the motor & watch the fun. About like a fire hose and real good stream for 50+ feet. Just sit there with the motor running. I could stay longer than the poacher. I even had one fisherman leave, come idling by a few minutes later smiling and said "neat". I think we both got a kick out of it and he was a cool person that got the message.

unknown 5
03-26-2005, 08:40 AM
I catch a few fish and some of the locals know about it and follow me around to find my spots. I live on the lake, I really don't mind getting up early, and I often fish from 4 AM to about 8 AM when the local yocals start showing up. I then go and fish some spot I never catch any fish out of and show them my full basket as they go by. I get a kick out of watching them wasting their time on spots I would never fish if I wanted to catch something. I learned a long time ago never to show folks your honeyhole.

I don't think I will be carrying a weapon or getting naked but some folks do think I am a little crazy.

tarfu
03-26-2005, 11:22 AM
howdy; well, i guess we've all got our stories, here's mine. i was living in virginia beach, been out of the navy over a year, been driving dumptruck for over a year 6 days a week. couldn't work on sundays(blue law) so the only other days off were for bad weather. well, i'd told the driver's forman that i was going to take the next good weather saturday off to do some fishing. he told me i couldn't i said i would. well, i did. was out on the pier fishing and a mackelel blitz started up. all you had to do was flip a mackeral spoon in and haul it up put fish in cooler. well johnney jetboater decides its time to have fun raceing around the pier. after several passes i think that 3 or 4 of us got the same idea at about the same time. any way there were 3 or 4 3to 5 oz. pirimid sinkers being shot at him from some 9 to 12 foot surf rods. i think he had 2 go through the motor cowling and one of those kinda put a hole in his motor. by the time he got done "rescueing" his jet ski from the surf and pier and got it drug up on the beach he were one tired feller. don't think he bothered any more fishermen again :D have a good day tarfu

VietVet68
03-26-2005, 11:47 AM
Years ago some friends and I use to go Smallie fishing every Spring at Dale Hollows, Horse Creek Marina. This is back in the days when the legendary Billy Westmoreland(sp) owned the Marina. Here is a story he told us one evening, and then showed us the newspaper clippings of the incident. I'll give you the abbreviated version as I remember it.

" There use to be an old man that Catfished from the bank 6-7 days a week. There was also two fellows in a "Run-About" that found a great deal of humor in cutting the old man's lines. When it finally got to be an almost daily occurence, the old man did some investigating until he found which ramp the boat was launching from. The next time they cut his lines he packed up and went to meet them at the ramp. Witness's say that he never said a word, he just pulled out a pistol and killed them both before they ever got out of the boat. Upon investigation it was determined that the old man was in the late stages of terminal Cancer."

abarkley
03-26-2005, 10:59 PM

you did the right thing! do it again next time it happens too.
here's my story. a couple of years ago i had just started crappie fishing and was still learning a lot each time i went out. it was the first time i had really found some fish. i was trolling a bank near a spawning bay for staging fish in about 3ft of water. i had two markers out. they were about 100 yds apart. i had just caught a couple off one of my markers and was making a pull toward the other when this jackleg pulls up to the marker i just left. he caught one fish, lost another and then preceded to drag his metal stringer across the gunwale of the boat while banging his floating metal minnow bucket about three times into the side of the boat. he asked me how it was going and i told him it was a lot better til you got here! he ruined that stretch for me at that point. i vowed it would never happen again. i wont hesitate to tell somebody if i have a problem with them butting in.

bugman
03-27-2005, 07:47 AM
I was putting stake beds out the other day when i went by one i put out last year and there were three boats sitting around it and when they seen the stakes they started following me around to see where i was gonna put this one,the bad part about it is i know all of them and to my knowledge they have never put any beds out.I dont mind people fishing my beds if they put out a few i can fish.

jfraley
03-27-2005, 09:01 PM
I was fishing just this weekend and found a hot spot trolling. I was doing the old figure 8. Catching fish in the same area every time. This man and his wife watched for about 15 minutes and waited until I came thru the spot and they trolled over, anchored and put out about 8 floats with minnow under them. I had to adjust a little to keep from hitting them but I troll straight beside their boat. They had to real their lines in, but still didn't get the picture. The followed us around most of the morning. the were there the next day too. When they pulled up, they ask the usual. "Are you wear'em out?" I tolk them that we had been catching them way back in the creek in real shallow water and I even trolled back their once for fun. It took them about 20 minutes and they were back there. I never said a rude word at all.

Weiss lake has more A$$holes than any where I have ever fished. Many times a lot of boats fish the same area and you just manuver around and everyone is ok. That is until a bass boat blast thru the middle of about 15 boats. One guy bounced his jigs off the guys boat. I got a kick out of that. I wonder how funny it would have been if one of those jigs found meat?

GABoy
03-28-2005, 08:33 AM
It is crazy how dis-respectful and dis-courteous people get as the spawn approaches....but, I really don't believe most of them know any better.....that is what amazes me even more....

fishpro67
03-29-2005, 03:26 PM
I have a couple stories about common courtesy or the lack there of. I've reposted them from another board for your reading enjoyment.

First, middle of February, Cold!! I got out to the lake to help a buddy with some problems with his boat, planning to head into town for dinner with my wife; I am wearing a nice shirt and pants.
While I'm holding the bow of my buddyís boat and he's trying to crank it, (pull start, tiller steer) a guy idles into the ramp area to load out. His buddy backs the truck in and the boat driver idles up to the trailer. THEN!!! He tilts his motor up till the prop is half out of the water and guns it.

Well, you know what happens next!! I take a freaking bath with my clothes on!! I'm yelling at him, and he's still gunning it till he hits the bow stop. Needless to say I'm soaking wet, only on one side, my wife says, "I look like and '80's "Hair" band guitar player", cause my hair is sticking straight up on one side from the prop wash, I'm totally pissed and it's butt-ass cold.

The guy was very apologetic and even offered me his coat to dry off. I just told him to just go away. Everybody got a good laugh and it was funny as hell, when you look back at it! I'm laughing as I type!!

Second one was an issue of pure boat ramp in-considerate-cy, if that's a word. I'm sitting at the entrance to the ramp area waiting to load out. It's like a small cul-de-sac with the ramps branching off at the 9 o'clock position. You have to pull around in a tight circle and then back down to load/unload.

Both ramps are full. One guy is having a hard time loading and there is a woman trying to back her husbandís truck down on the other. The ramp is kind of steep and once the empty trailer drops over the crest itís hard for her to see. Anyway, she's having a hard time. I walk down and offer to help out. She graciously accepts, I get in, back down, and pull her hubby out.

While I'm pulling their rig out, some little A$$hole in a small P/U, with a POS tri-hull, drives around my truck and trailer and lines up on the now empty ramp. Then he starts to tie on all assortments of jigs and such, apparently waiting for his fishing partner to get there. I'm trying to remain civil since my 16 year old daughter is with me.

Once his partner arrives, they proceed to back down on the actual ramp, get out again, and start doing more superfluous B.S., ice in the cooler, more jig tying, transom straps, etc.

By this time I'm pretty aggravated, no "thank you", from the guy with the non-backing wife. She did though. The other ramp is still having problems loading and I'm ready to go home. Anyway, the problem ramp finally empties and I get my turn. I back the trailer in, load up, no problems. Daughter and I drive up and out of the ramp area, like you supposed to do!!!!, to tie down and store our gear.

As it turns out the two A$$hole's truck is now parked right next to where I'm tying down. Guess what? He left the window down!! Guess what else?? We had been crappie fishing all day and had a couple dozen minnows left over.

See where this is going???
I tell my daughter to go give the few fish we caught to the couple on the dock who politely pulled their lines in when we came up. "No fishing" on the docks at this lake, no body listens though. While she's gone I grab the minnow bucket and empty the minnows into a small cup I keep in the boat.

It's a little past dusk so nobody can see. I pour the minnows inside the truck BEHIND the seat!! Not on the floor or seat. Now keep in mind, they probably fished all night, were tired as hell when they came in after a full day of work, then an all-niter fishing trip. I doubt they noticed.

I bet they noticed Saturday morning when the drug their sorry asses out of bed about 12 o'clock!! It was in the latter part of April when this took place and I know the next day it was nice and sunny. If he rolled up the windows that next morning after getting home, I'm sure several hours of baking in the sun gave that P/U a nice smell!! Hell, you probably couldn't find the truck for all the cats!!!

I still laugh about it to this day!!!

lovetofish
03-29-2005, 05:09 PM
I have a couple stories about common courtesy or the lack there of. I've reposted them from another board for your reading enjoyment.

First, middle of February, Cold!! I got out to the lake to help a buddy with some problems with his boat, planning to head into town for dinner with my wife; I am wearing a nice shirt and pants.
While I'm holding the bow of my buddyís boat and he's trying to crank it, (pull start, tiller steer) a guy idles into the ramp area to load out. His buddy backs the truck in and the boat driver idles up to the trailer. THEN!!! He tilts his motor up till the prop is half out of the water and guns it.

Well, you know what happens next!! I take a freaking bath with my clothes on!! I'm yelling at him, and he's still gunning it till he hits the bow stop. Needless to say I'm soaking wet, only on one side, my wife says, "I look like and '80's "Hair" band guitar player", cause my hair is sticking straight up on one side from the prop wash, I'm totally pissed and it's butt-ass cold.

The guy was very apologetic and even offered me his coat to dry off. I just told him to just go away. Everybody got a good laugh and it was funny as hell, when you look back at it! I'm laughing as I type!!

Second one was an issue of pure boat ramp in-considerate-cy, if that's a word. I'm sitting at the entrance to the ramp area waiting to load out. It's like a small cul-de-sac with the ramps branching off at the 9 o'clock position. You have to pull around in a tight circle and then back down to load/unload.

Both ramps are full. One guy is having a hard time loading and there is a woman trying to back her husbandís truck down on the other. The ramp is kind of steep and once the empty trailer drops over the crest itís hard for her to see. Anyway, she's having a hard time. I walk down and offer to help out. She graciously accepts, I get in, back down, and pull her hubby out.

While I'm pulling their rig out, some little A$$hole in a small P/U, with a POS tri-hull, drives around my truck and trailer and lines up on the now empty ramp. Then he starts to tie on all assortments of jigs and such, apparently waiting for his fishing partner to get there. I'm trying to remain civil since my 16 year old daughter is with me.

Once his partner arrives, they proceed to back down on the actual ramp, get out again, and start doing more superfluous B.S., ice in the cooler, more jig tying, transom straps, etc.

By this time I'm pretty aggravated, no "thank you", from the guy with the non-backing wife. She did though. The other ramp is still having problems loading and I'm ready to go home. Anyway, the problem ramp finally empties and I get my turn. I back the trailer in, load up, no problems. Daughter and I drive up and out of the ramp area, like you supposed to do!!!!, to tie down and store our gear.

As it turns out the two A$$hole's truck is now parked right next to where I'm tying down. Guess what? He left the window down!! Guess what else?? We had been crappie fishing all day and had a couple dozen minnows left over.

See where this is going???
I tell my daughter to go give the few fish we caught to the couple on the dock who politely pulled their lines in when we came up. "No fishing" on the docks at this lake, no body listens though. While she's gone I grab the minnow bucket and empty the minnows into a small cup I keep in the boat.

It's a little past dusk so nobody can see. I pour the minnows inside the truck BEHIND the seat!! Not on the floor or seat. Now keep in mind, they probably fished all night, were tired as hell when they came in after a full day of work, then an all-niter fishing trip. I doubt they noticed.

I bet they noticed Saturday morning when the drug their sorry asses out of bed about 12 o'clock!! It was in the latter part of April when this took place and I know the next day it was nice and sunny. If he rolled up the windows that next morning after getting home, I'm sure several hours of baking in the sun gave that P/U a nice smell!! Hell, you probably couldn't find the truck for all the cats!!!

I still laugh about it to this day!!!

Fishpro, that's a good one. I'll have to remember that one to try. I know exactly what you mean in the story. I think alot of us have been in your situation. I have heard of one better than that the other day. I wasn't there but would have paid a hundred dollars to watch. A friend of mine (not Close) was having about the same kind of problem you were having that day. He was fishing one of the Ms.River lakes and had waited for over 30 minutes for a couple of two or three to get the h*** out of the way. Well, they kept on making little remarks about what they were and were not going to do. Well, needlesss to say the friend kept his mouth shut and went ahead and loaded out. While putting his gear up one of the uptight and rude fellows pulled their truck up beside him and got out and left it. That was the wrong thing to do. It to was parked on a hill with about a 30 degree grade and the truck left with keys in it and unlocked. Somehow that old truck just started rolling down the hill with no driver. They said there was some kind of ruckus going on down at the bottom of that hill. The other guys were giving the fellow that left the truck on the hill every explicit words in the English language. Needless to say they couldn't figure out what had happened. Sounded like some real geniuses to me. Well, good luck fishing to ya!!!!!!