Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Member, Crappie Fishing Maniac!

Ranger 619VS Guest

Default New Member, Crappie Fishing Maniac!

Hello All,

Ranger 619VS here, aka Brian Brennan. 37yr old fishing fool from New Jersey.
    Die hard crappie and panfish angler. Also been known to chase bass, trout and walleye. If it will bite a ultra light lure fished on a ul rod I am into it. Big time tackle junkie. Use stupidly expensive gear for our crappies. But its mt thing and I love using high end gear. I only cast and retrieve and occasionally jig. Not into dipping or trolling. I know both work very well but its not for me. I fish from my Ranger 619VS multispecies rig, and also from a family owned 12ft mirrocraft v-hull, sweet old boat, outfited with 3 folding swivel chairs, Eagle sounder, motorguide trolling motor and a 9.9hp Evinrude 4 stroke.
    I use G-Loomis ul rods and Daiwa reels imported from Japan. I like to use 4lb Berkley fireline with a fluro leader. Fish all the major soft plastic tails for crappie, fin-s shad, panfish assassins, power grubs triple tip grubs, slider grubs etc.....I have a secret weapon grub from Australia called the Squidgy Wriggler that slays the crappie and panfish. Think of it as a ribbon tail.....Works Awesome.
    I fish mainly one large lake here in NJ...Lake Hopatcong. Has a great panfish population. Lots of 3/4lb crappies...Tons of bluegills and Yellow Perch also. Has Walleyes, Muskies, Hybrid Stripers and Largemouth and Smallmouth Bass. I also have around 4 to 6 small ponds around 50 acres each that have great crappie and panfish fishing, hence the small boat.
    Would love to trade e-mails or reports with anyone about crappie fishing. I am active on a bunch of other fishing forums, heck even a few ultra light fishing forums in Australia. I am always on MSN messenger.
    By the way married father of 2 girls. Career Police officer. 16 years in 9 more till retirement!!!!!

Ranger 619VS/Brian
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum. Lot's of good folks and good information here. Check out the Flash chat room in the evening, usually between 8-9 CST for the most visitors.

Nice boat, I really like the multi species designs.

"Crappie Rule"
    Good fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Mississippi.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from MISSOURI.... nice post...good lookin boat. Stop by MO. board,always something going on....and sometimes about CRAPPIE! GOOD FISHIN
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Texas
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from central Illinois...Nice boat.

Post Thanks / Like

A second welcome from Illinois. Once have a friend in Plainfield N.J. Used to talk with several folks bout fishing in Europe but only one in Australia, concerning rough fish bout 12 years ago. Would be happy to hear of and UL fishing groups over there. I looking for new ideas. Now into finess style fishing.
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the boards Ranger. You'll find this to be the BEST for sharing info and just a well rounded forum without arguments. Lots of great topics as well as alot of BS always going on to keep you interested. Check out some of the state forums and see lots of pictures posted and be sure to help add to the panfish forum posting pics of the bream and crappie you catch. Again, welcome, from Ga.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from PA

Post Thanks / Like

A big welcome from Ohio. You are really going to love this site
    Bttmline
    Ohio State Board moderator
    www.easternbuckeyecrappieclub.com
    or [email protected]
    NAFC Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast