Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stolen trailer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stolen trailer

A buddy of mine tells the funniest story about having his trailer stolen at a boat ramp in the middle of nowhere. Although it wasn't funny at the time, he laughs about it now. He kills me when he describes looking all around the parking lot for his truck and trailer even though there aren't but 2 vehicles there. It literally took several minutes before he realized that the truck without the trailer was HIS. This was way before cell phones so he had to walk back to the boat and tell his buddy that he was going to have to wait with the boat while he went and found a boat trailer to borrow.

Before he told me that story I never used a trailer lock. I use one now.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Thanks for the reminder...I need to go get one too.

I'd rather be fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

You may want to get a lock for your reciever also. I know of a theft of a trailer where he had the tongue locked but not the reciever so the thief took the pin from the reciever and took trailer with tongue locked and put the unlocked reciever in his vehicle and drove off.

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

If you are using a reciever hitch they do pull the pin and steal the trailer still locked [nice people out there]
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Hey I stole a boat trailer one day right in broad daylite the same way! My son and his partner was prefishing for a bass tourney in my 201 pro I called him to see how he was doing but no answer,he called back awhile later maybe 10 mins.I asked how they was doing he acted kinda strange but told me they wasn't doing any good and that he thought he had busted my boat he was really tore up.He said Dad the boat is full of water.He had his partner a 300 lber on the very front and the pumps running but wasn't getting any water out .I told him to start to the ramp but to run around the bank he said he was 10 miles from the ramp but he would try he was so tore up so scared he called me back and said he tryed but he had to beach the boat at another ramp and that nothing but the motor was keeping the boat from sinking I told him i was on my way to get the trailer from his truck he said it was locked got to his truck pulled right up to it pulled the pin on the reciever backed it up and put in on my truck there was 8 people at the ramp no one said squat took all of 10 mins and i was off to get the boat.it turned out that a fitting had broken off the livewell and was empting into the hull.

Post Thanks / Like

Remember...you need a locking ball too. They will just take the ball off and put in on their truck and drive away.

The Hound

Post Thanks / Like

Man you have to lock up everything now. I remember a time when you back in and unloaded pulled your truck up and leave the keys in the floorboard. Windows down so it wouldn't be hot when you got back. Now they will pull the wires out to sell the copper from them.
    Take your kids hunting and fishing, and you won't be hunting your kids

Post Thanks / Like

i bet none of them belonged to crappie .com
    Likes fish getter LIKED above post

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Nymph View Post
    i bet none of them belonged to crappie .com

Although I dont know everybody here, I agree.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buflew View Post
    Hey I stole a boat trailer one day right in broad daylite the same way! My son and his partner was prefishing for a bass tourney in my 201 pro I called him to see how he was doing but no answer,he called back awhile later maybe 10 mins.I asked how they was doing he acted kinda strange but told me they wasn't doing any good and that he thought he had busted my boat he was really tore up.He said Dad the boat is full of water.He had his partner a 300 lber on the very front and the pumps running but wasn't getting any water out .I told him to start to the ramp but to run around the bank he said he was 10 miles from the ramp but he would try he was so tore up so scared he called me back and said he tryed but he had to beach the boat at another ramp and that nothing but the motor was keeping the boat from sinking I told him i was on my way to get the trailer from his truck he said it was locked got to his truck pulled right up to it pulled the pin on the reciever backed it up and put in on my truck there was 8 people at the ramp no one said squat took all of 10 mins and i was off to get the boat.it turned out that a fitting had broken off the livewell and was empting into the hull.
    Happened to me last year. Luckily I recognized what was happening after only a few minutes of my bilges coming on, turned off the livewell pump put the fish on a rope stringer, hung them over the side of the boat and kept fishing.
    Wife was with me, she's usually reading and not aware (so I thought) of happenings around the boat. Now when we start out she looks back at that livewell and asks "it's not leaking is it?"

I've not had anything stolen but a few years ago while scouting out the ramps at Lake Eufaula in OK had a State Trooper stop and question me. He stated that several trailers had been stolen recently.

Scott

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast