Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Seeing Things

Post Thanks / Like

Question Seeing Things

Hopefully this will make some sense. Me and Baithead were on stockton today, using the graph we were seeing what appeared to be brush on the bottom in numberous spots. We would drop a line and seem to never find any brush. So could the graph be showing the bottom then just above the bottom a mud line, and it looked like brush on the bottom? It's the only thing we could come up with, plus due to all the rain last week we were just unsure.
    Crappie don't sleep, is that why I'm so tired?
    Team crappiekingjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Might of been you just passed up the brush beacuse your graph shows a little behind of where you just where or you might need to adjust your sensitivity on it. What kind of graph is it.

Post Thanks / Like

I would lean toward's what you saw was a bait ball the shad are outstanding this year,I see bait ball after bait ball on my graph.. jmo

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beagle man
    I would lean toward's what you saw was a bait ball the shad are outstanding this year,I see bait ball after bait ball on my graph.. jmo
    I agree, they can look just like brush on the bottom.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I'm using a Lowerance X-67 on the console and a X96 in the front. It could have been all the things you all are saying, it was just odd. O'well, live and learn.
    Crappie don't sleep, is that why I'm so tired?
    Team crappiekingjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

I'd go with Beagle. My lesson came while dropping a buoy on what I thought was a brush pile on Bull Shoals many years ago. Trying to set up it seemed the silly thing kept moving around. Being the rocket scientist I am it only took me an hour or so to decide that brush piles don't have legs.

Don't be concerned that you are the only one here, assuming that is what happened. You'll find ways soon enough watching your finder to tell the difference.