Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: supplies

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default supplies

Dont know how many of y'all are close to a Sportsmans Warehouse store, but you need to find out where one is. I went to one for the first time today, it happened to be in Chattanooga, TN. WOW!!! All kinds of jigs and bodies and tails that we use so much of, and different stuff than BPS carries with great prices. I can't say enough good about it. No long B&M poles except for a 13" collapsable version that I haven't heard anyone speak of. Another thing they carry lots of variety of is fly and jig tying equipment. Vises and threads and feathers and chenile and so on. Almost a whole aisle of the stuff. Definately a big find for a person like me who is looking to get started in the tying of what I lose most. Just felt I had to pass it on.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes Jamesdean LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

the closest one to me is 100 miles but I have family there so a better reasong to visit family and friends ,ummmm.
    Gilby aka Bill :D

Post Thanks / Like

Skeetbum, there's a Sportsman's Warehouse in Oklahoma City, and yeah, it rocks. I wish I lived closer to it. I would probably be in there daily.
    "Mister, I love the way you wear that hat."
    "You don't know nothin'."

Post Thanks / Like

There's one in Columbia, SC, and the tying section is better than the BPS at Myrtle Beach, IMO. Not even close to what it would be if fly fishing was popular around here though.

Post Thanks / Like

Ours closed on January 31st.
    Jerry Hamon
    Van Alstyne, Texas
    http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w142/texascrappiefisherman/MSKFCPRES_zps568e5f40.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

I have one close by and I go there so much I think they are going to give me my own parking space.

The only problem I have with them is when they run out of an item it takes them forever to restock.

Slabologist
    "Professor of Slabology 101"

Keep your line tight !