Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OK, I have a new brag board ready for the testing.

Post Thanks / Like

Default OK, I have a new brag board ready for the testing.

Those of you who use the current Crappie.com Brag Board at:
    http://www.crappie.com/ads/cgi/clad.cgi

know about all the issues we've had with that over the years. Messages disapearing, crossed up pointers.....

Anyway, here's a new one I just got done customizing. Please try it out and see if it works better. If so, I'll change the links on the Crappie.com pages, and add a link here on the message board.

NEW BRAG BOARD:
    http://www.crappie.com/classified/carview.php
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Default Braggin board

Okay, I gave it a try, not exactly braggin material, but the program seemed to work easy enough for me, and I'm computer illiterate! One question that maybe someone could help me out with. I'm using Kodak Easyshare software, can I reduce the pixtel, or whatever you call them, so they load faster and don't take up as much room? I live back in the sticks, and only have a dial up 28.8 kps internet service available and it takes forever uploading or downloading pictures. Thanks!

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shellback
    Okay, I gave it a try, not exactly braggin material, but the program seemed to work easy enough for me, and I'm computer illiterate! One question that maybe someone could help me out with. I'm using Kodak Easyshare software, can I reduce the pixtel, or whatever you call them, so they load faster and don't take up as much room? I live back in the sticks, and only have a dial up 28.8 kps internet service available and it takes forever uploading or downloading pictures. Thanks!
    I also have Kodak easy share. Depending on which camera you have,mine is a DX3500,you can reduce the number of pixels from your camera menu. Mine only has 2 settings, good(600 x 900) or best(1200 x 1800). The more expensive camers have settings down to thumbnail size. You don't need a high pixel count to post pictures on the board. Hope this helps.

DonG HS-3 AntiSub Helo Squadron
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking new board

tried it and it works better than the old one for me :D
    perchjerker
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pixels....

Quote Originally Posted by Shellback
    Shellback......I can't speak to your upload problems, but if your camera doesn't have a pixel count feature, your only option is to reduce them within your Easyshare program. In case you haven't already discovered how to do this, here is a quick overview. Select the pic you want to reduce (click it once), Go to task panel and click on "view", rest your cursor on "thumbnail" and choose large or small. You will see your photo reduced immediately to a smaller size which will email and load much faster, and will not use as much memory to store. When emailed, they will be sized to a medium photo in the received format. I store all my pics in the thumbnail "large" size, and it works quite well. I hope this helps. Good luck!

Louisiana Bill

USS America CVA 66, VAW 124 1971-1972

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pics

Thanks for the replies, I'll give them a try now. This thread has gotten a little salty, heh?

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Brag Board....

Hey Ed,

I like it! It took me 2 tries to get the photo, but now I know how.

Shellback: Looks like a swabbie reunion to me!

Louisiana Bill

A bad day's fishing is better than a good day's work!

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ED .... just a thought

Hey Ed .... checked out the Brag Board - Looks Nice !! I only find one small problem with the format .... there's no ID spot on there, so unless the person posting the pic puts their name (or board name) on the pic or in the comments section ... you don't know who's posting the pic. Case in point - Don G posted a pic of his new boat, but I didn't know who's boat it was until I read his "comments" at the bottom of that page.

Can we have a line or section added to identify the person posting the pic ? ..... thanks for all your hard work in getting the "Brag Board" back !!

.............cp

S10CHEVY is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Ed

Not having any problems here accessing the site. The idea of the persons identity, is a good idea though. Keith

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, I know exactly what you mean. I will work on it.

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy
    Can we have a line or section added to identify the person posting the pic ? ..... thanks for all your hard work in getting the "Brag Board" back !!

.............cp
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast