Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Passing this on for your protection..

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Passing this on for your protection..

I told the doctors I would pass this information out.

For your protection.

Most susceptible places to skin cancers. Ears, lips, nose, cheeks. Cover these areas with sunblock and by all means wear a wide brim hat. Cover all exposed areas and cover frequently.

Use sunscreens that blocks UVA and UVB rays. Most recommended is the Aveeno Baby Sunblock Lotion. Worst, Coppertone and Neutrogena.

I am paying now for my ignorance of 30, 40, 50 years ago. I will have to monitor myself closely the rest of my life.

Yes. Skin cancer is inherited, but anyone can get skin cancer and it can cause horrendous damage to your physical features and yes, it will kill you.

Nope. I ain't paranoid. I'm on the water 'til death do us part.

I am no expert here. I am a victim. Just be aware of this and also the fact that skin cancer has no race boundaries.

I have done my part.

Tom
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Mr. Cane Pole. I don't now why it seems so hard to do something so easy.
    "Mister, I love the way you wear that hat."
    "You don't know nothin'."

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks to all for caring. It means a lot to me.

The people who make a difference in your life are not
    the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards.
    They are the ones that care.

This message was sent to me from Paul and Vonna. How true.

Tom
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Tom. My mother is a cancer survivor. I now have a big jug of Bullfrog that I put on starting in March. Glad all went well and I hope to get out and met you and the miss. Don't believe what DonG or Weezer say about me

God bless,
    Dwain
    2008 Buggs Bash Champ! SML Dock Shooting King!

Post Thanks / Like

I feel let to throw this in now. Guys don't forget that yearly prostate exam. I went to the MD for another reason (diverticulitis) and he drew blood and found my psa suddenly up. The biopsy showed cancer. I'm probably fortunate, as they don't think it has spread yet, but in the prime fishing month of March or April I'll be in Nashville under the knife. I'm 66.

So lets take care of ourselves!

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation I'll add to that ...

don't forget that ANY exposed skin area is subject to getting sunburned !! As evidenced by the forearms and hands of none other than Bill Dance, himself, repeated sunburns can cause skin cancer.
    I would also recommend using a product that is an SPF 30. SPF30 rated products are NOT twice as "effective" as SPF15 products .... they ARE twice as long lasting (offering protection for up to 4hrs, verses the recommended every two hour application of SPF15 products). Also of note : products rated above SPF30 DO NOT offer any greater protection, nor do they extend the application period recommendations. (and they may, in fact, give the user a false sense of such protection qualities)

(information taken from - FDA, Skin Cancer Foundation, Univ. of Ky/Markey Cancer Center Physicians, Wall Street Journal, and/or sunscreen product links/articles)

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fair weather
    I feel let to throw this in now. Guys don't forget that yearly prostate exam. I went to the MD for another reason (diverticulitis) and he drew blood and found my psa suddenly up. The biopsy showed cancer. I'm probably fortunate, as they don't think it has spread yet, but in the prime fishing month of March or April I'll be in Nashville under the knife. I'm 66.

So lets take care of ourselves!
    Feel for you, hope ever thing turns out alright for you. Tell the Dr,he's going to have to speed things up. :D Fish is biting.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Does sun block expire?

Wonder if we can use left over sun block from last year?
    Early to bed, early to rise,
    Fish like hell, make up lies.

Post Thanks / Like

WEAR SUNSCREEN

Melanoma is the worst skin cancer to have.

I have tried to be careful and wear sunscreen, but so far I’ve had Basal Cell, Squamous Cell, and Actinic Keratosis. I see the dermatologist every six months and she finds stuff each time.

Post Thanks / Like

The guys I fish with pick at me for wearing it. I tell them you guys have your fun, and save your money for the Doctors visits later.
    Take your kids hunting and fishing, and you won't be hunting your kids

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast