Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Shelbyville 2005

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Shelbyville 2005

Put in at Bo Woods today about 9:00am and fished till 2:00pm. Caught 9 crappie with 3 keepers. The keeper fish came from the Findley Marina area. Anywhere from 4-8' in depth. Fished jigs tipped with a minnow. I was so use to the lake being high. I felt like a stranger today. 4 out of the 5 spots I wanted to fish, were completly out of the water. My go to spot last time I fished was in 14' of water. Today that same spot was 12' up on a dry bank Water temp 41-43 degrees.
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Pig
    I hoping to get over there Saturday afternoon . I have to move some furniture first . Was the fish you caught in the Findley Marina around the docks ? A couple of years ago I caught a lot of nice keepers in there just about this time of year. Glad to see you got out and caught fish .

See ya Kevin ><)))*>
    Excellent

Post Thanks / Like

Default 21759

Fish you know your stuff. Yes it was around the docks. I could not buy a bite at the Fox harbor docks but, the Findley docks were in a little deeper water
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished Wilborn area again today, water temp 43, about 5d cooler than last weekend, and way too muddy north of the ramp. Not bad towards the RR bridge. Only got 4 keepers, ratio about 1 to 8-9. A lot of 9-9.5" fish today. Next weekend should be better, if the rain stays away.
    Steve

Post Thanks / Like

Two of us walked the bank today on Shelbyville in two different spots. Wind was real bad. Didn't get one bite between us. Stopped at a corps pond and caught one bass that went 15 inches. We then hit the Kaskaskia River - no luck there either. Wind was still bad and current was strong. Anybody do any good from a boat today. I only saw one boat the whole time we were out.
    Ken

Post Thanks / Like

Default 4-10-05

Took a vacation day today so I could fish all day and I was on the water for quite sometime. Put in at Wilborn and fished from 9:30am till 7:30pm. Fished with a buddy and we caught about 40 crappie and took 9 home. Water temp was 59 degrees. Most fish were in 4-8' of water. Blue and white tubes seem to work best. I lost the biggest crappie I would have ever caught on Shelbyville today. My partner reached down to grab the fish because I left the net at home. The crappie jumped like a bass next to the boat and got off. We both got a real good look at the fish and guessed it to be close to 15'' There were some guys fishing a Bass tournament 30' away from us. They said that they could have used that fish for the tournament. I told them that it was not a Bass and they said it looked like a Bass to them and that Crappie don't get that big. I told them I used to fish Bass tournament's all the time and I know the difference between a Bass and a Crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 4-11-05

Put in at Bo Woods yesterday. Fished from 9:00am till 2:00pm. Caught 14 with 2 keepers. Fished with rosey reds today and caught fish in a bout 8' of water. The 2 keepers were caught on a blue and white tube. Water temp was 60 degrees. The lake is still the lowest I have seen it, in quite sometime.

Post Thanks / Like

Default nice weather

Just got my depth finder back from repair.Thought I would see if they fixed it or not. I guess they did, it seemed to work ok this morning. Put in at Bo Woods about 8:30am and fished till 12:30pm. Only caught 6 with one keeper. The lake was a sheet of glass this morning and the weather was a bute. Water temp dropped a couple of degrees since last time I was on the lake. 52 this morning and 54 at noon. Caught my fish on a gitzit tipped with a chartuse crappie nibble in about 8-10' of water. Seen quite a few crappie fisherman out today. The few that I talked to said they were catching small fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Default It'a been awhile

Put in at Whitley creek this morning at 7:30am and fished till 10:30am. It's been 5 months since I had my boat on the lake I caught 7 fish with only 2 keepers. Water temp was 52. Caught fish on white and blue tube. Wished I could have stayed longer but, this trip was just to make sure evrything on my boat still worked. Nice day not much wind. Not sure when I will get out again with Duck season opening this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

I walked the banks again today and caught over 30 crappie, most of them the size of your hand. I did have four keepers- one 10.5, two 11.5, and one 12. All on orange/chartreuse jigs. I talked to two guys at the Whitley Creek cleaning station and they were cleaning two limits. Said they caught them fishing a foot of water or less. They were boat fishing out of a Ranger - didn't say what area of they lake they were fishing.
    Ken

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast