Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Cabelas Pro line monofilament

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cabelas Pro line monofilament

Has anyone used this line before and is it as good as Mr Crappie line. I decided to try the Hi-Vis Yellow line after watching Mr Paty's DVD. My eyes aren't as good as they use to be and decided to give it a try. I went to Cabelas yesterday afternoon and they don't carry Mr Crappie line. I bought a 4 lb and 6 lb spool of the Cabelas line and will try it. When I make a trip to BPS I will get the Mr Crappie line then if this doesn't stand up.
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Have you ever use power pro. Thats all i use.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by greatthosu; 02-08-2008 at 02:52 PM.

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eager Beaver
    Has anyone used this line before and is it as good as Mr Crappie line. I decided to try the Hi-Vis Yellow line after watching Mr Paty's DVD. My eyes aren't as good as they use to be and decided to give it a try. I went to Cabelas yesterday afternoon and they don't carry Mr Crappie line. I bought a 4 lb and 6 lb spool of the Cabelas line and will try it. When I make a trip to BPS I will get the Mr Crappie line then if this doesn't stand up.
    I've been using Their pro line for quite a few years. 4# clear is hard to beat when casting jigs. I get a lot of memory when i use the smallest reels but the bigger reels are better. I fish a lot so i'll change the line 3 times a season. Only use about 210yds each time. Not bad from a 3000 yd spool.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought some Power Pro 10/2 hi vis yellow also and put on a heavier outfit. I have never used it before but am willing to try it in heavy brush and trees. I put the 4 lb Cabelas on micro reels. Will find out if it will retain memory I guess. Thanks for the feed back.
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p