Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Red Rock

Post Thanks / Like

Default Red Rock

I would like to get any advice I can on crappie fishing at Red Rock for crappies.
    I want to give it a try this spring. Is it possible to fish it from a 16' jon boat? Or do you need a bigger boat for this lake? What is the best time in the spring to be there? Is there a color like pink or green that work best? Do most people fish with Kentucky rigs or minnows under bobbers?
    So many questions...any advice would be appreciated.
    thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Red Rock

Hi slab, The Whitebreast area is probably the most popular area for crappie on the lake during the spawn and early spring but don't overlook the other woody coves. A 16' jon boat should work fine as long as the wind isn't blowing things up too much. Best time in the spring can vary from the middle of may to the middle of june depending on the weather. Once the water temp reachs around 60 they'll be movin to the shallows during the wamer days. Use your sonar to find structure and you should be able to catch some now. You can't go wrong with a slip bobber and a minnow and as far a jig color....use the color you have most confidence in. Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, thanks for the info Fishawk. I have heard that people can drive close enough to one section of the lake to even fish from shore...seems like this may have been WhiteBreast too. I hope I can find the time to get over there and fish RR this spring. I live in Marion and have a couple other spots to try, although a guy I was talking to the other day said that RR was the place to get the big slabs. Soooo many places to fish....so little time....wish I was retired!!

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone have any info on how the bite is over there right now? a buddy and I are headed there this Sat. and would like to make the most of are time,will be in a boat but can fish from the bank.
    :D Give a man a crappie you feed him for a day...teach a man to fish for crappie and get rid of him for the weekend!!!

Post Thanks / Like

bruce the word is slow. Not much going on at all. Water temps last weekend were around 54-55. Guessing we just need a couple days of the warmup they're prediccting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ihavecraps
    bruce the word is slow. Not much going on at all. Water temps last weekend were around 54-55. Guessing we just need a couple days of the warmup they're prediccting.
    Thanks for the info ihavecraps.
    :D Give a man a crappie you feed him for a day...teach a man to fish for crappie and get rid of him for the weekend!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I did hear they were getting them for a while on the tube side from RC. That was early in the week though.

Lebruce, PM at ya!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ihavecraps
    I did hear they were getting them for a while on the tube side from RC. That was early in the week though.

Lebruce, PM at ya!
    ihavecraps, PM back PM at ya!!! Thanks