Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: boats and motorhomes

Post Thanks / Like

Default boats and motorhomes

I want a motorhome that is small enuff to pull and launch a boat with and big enuff to live in for a short while.Problem,I am 6'7" tall and weigh in the neighborhood of 350 lbs..and not real healthy in the strength department.Do any of yall know or can recommend such a vehicle that is under a half of a million dollars that will suite my needs...ss
    It is most fortunate for those in power that people don't think :::A.Hitler

Post Thanks / Like

There are a couple of issues. Backing a boat in with a MH can be difficult because of the length and width. If you are not leaving the boat in the water, you'll have to break camp every time you want to launch the boat.

There are more rigs available today that have larger beds, so that will help. You are looking at a Class C or Class B MH, or even a truck camper, depending on how much interior room you want. It's a good time of year to check out a Boat/Outdoor show to see the inside of a bunch of models.

Post Thanks / Like

Here are some smaller, van a bus style 4X4. I always wanted a Quigley. I don't know how long you plan to live or what kind of living you require, but I'd buy one of these for my self.

http://www.quigley4x4.com/pages/inde...n=page&upID=42

http://www.sportsmobile.com/z-PO_texas.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-GM...spagenameZWDVW
    This only my opinion, but nothing you can say will change my mind. That makes it a FACT.

Today is a Blessed Day and a Prosperous Day

Post Thanks / Like

Today is a great day

Post Thanks / Like

Default thanks

Appreciate the site ,I looked thru them,I may just have to go with the cab-over camper(slide-in),they make some nice ones now,at around 10 grand so thats purty good and they're self contained ....still researchin ,,thanks again and yall be safe out there,,,ss

Post Thanks / Like

i have seen MH's with trailer ball on front bumper to expedite the launching procedure, have done it for a guy one time, feels like your drivng off into the lake!
    PAC
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sentrysam
    Appreciate the site ,I looked thru them,I may just have to go with the cab-over camper(slide-in),they make some nice ones now,at around 10 grand so thats purty good and they're self contained ....still researchin ,,thanks again and yall be safe out there,,,ss
    www.lancecampers.com
    Today is a great day

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PAC
    i have seen MH's with trailer ball on front bumper to expedite the launching procedure, have done it for a guy one time, feels like your drivng off into the lake!
    I like them front bumper hitches. I can't back a boat worth a crap. I got a front hitch on my Rhino.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wow

Cane pole,That would realy flip me out seein a boat on the front bumper goin 65 down the interstate,backwards,,,,just remember,if you see it in the left mirror ,turn to the left,right mirror turn right,most folks I notice get in and start turning the wheel before they even start rolling,wait and see which way the dern boat trailer is goin before you turn the wheel...I grew up working with Ga.Power and pulling pole trailers all over Atlanta,only knocked down one sign,,,lol,,,ss

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the best way.
    Pete

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast