Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Oconee

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oconee

Anyone headed to Oconee tomorrow, or have you heard about any good action on Oconee???
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oconee Friday

GaBoy, I plan to fish Oconee Fri - have not seen a report this week. Out of Blue Springs in Appalachee and Oconee. Plan to start out casting corks/jigs or dropping minnows in close, then move out to slow troll a little deeper, then keep working out maybe long-line trolling if have too. I am hoping that 3 days of sunshine will have them in close. We had a ton of rain Tues in Henry Co and am sure that both rivers are muddy, but I think fish still live there somewhere. If too bad may have to move on down the lake. 16' alum Fisher Marine, Evenrude. Where you planning on going - Sugar Creek ? Good Luck, JimA
    Last edited by JimA; 03-24-2005 at 03:46 PM. Reason: left out something

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JimA
    GaBoy, I plan to fish Oconee Fri - have not seen a report this week. Out of Blue Springs in Appalachee and Oconee. Plan to start out casting corks/jigs or dropping minnows in close, then move out to slow troll a little deeper, then keep working out maybe long-line trolling if have too. I am hoping that 3 days of sunshine will have them in close. We had a ton of rain Tues in Henry Co and am sure that both rivers are muddy, but I think fish still live there somewhere. If too bad may have to move on down the lake. 16' alum Fisher Marine, Evenrude. Where you planning on going - Sugar Creek ? Good Luck, JimA
    Hey Jim - I will be at Oconee on Friday also, I am still deciding between Sugar Creek and the Apalachee (Swords)

I am going to look at my map again really good and decide from there.....mostly I am going to see if there is some deeper water near Apalachee in case I get up there and find that they are not in as shallow as I thought, I can go to my plan B....most likely I will be up the Apalachee....

I have a Blue & White Astro w/125 Merc on it.

Looks something like this.....

I will get back on later to let you know for certain.......GOOD LUCK TO YOU TOO!!!
    Last edited by GABoy; 03-30-2005 at 06:36 AM.
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Default Blue Springs it is

Looks like Blue Springs wins...I didn't realize how close it was to Swords until I looked....I will be there first thing in the morning.....
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Default Blue Springs

GaBoy - Good to hear from you -- will look for you. I think B.Springs is a little more secure than Swords -- they had some vandalism there 2-3 years ago - havn't heard about any lately. Follow signs, twist & turn thru a little subdivision. Deep water on Appalachee is channel @low 20's max if I remember right, little deeper up Oconee, or can run under RR bridge and on down to I-20 - lots of water. Check your map for flooded timber, lots of trees rotted off at water line. We should be there @9:00. JimA

Post Thanks / Like

Default oconee

headed to oconee early in the AM, caught some nice slabs last weekend,this weekend should be better. caught most of the fish in 19ft water. the fish last weekend averaged 1.25 or better. good luck guys maybe see you there, will be in the bluesprings swords area.