Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Splash...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Splash...

I was fishing on the bank at a local hot spot for nice slabs one nice spring afternoon. I tossed two lines with bobbers out and went over to tie on my minnow bucket.

The guy next to me alerted me that one of my lines was taking off. I stood up to see and sure enough it was taking off on me. So, I pulled my minnow bucket back up from the river and got up to go grab my rod. As I turned around, I smacked right into a tree which I bounce right off into the river below. It was a good…oh I would say…4 ft drop. SPLAAASH!!

I didn’t realize how fast I actually was. I jumped out of that river as fast as I fell in. To make matters worse…I didn’t get the fish. The guys around me were chuckling at my little accident and I don’t blame them…I would have busted out laughing myself, but not in this case.

I stood there on the bank soaking wet with a red sore forehead. I couldn’t believe what just happened and I felt all the eyes from nearby anglers on me. The incident went on a loop replay in my mind, which I couldn’t shake off. Too embarrassed at myself, so I took off home. One of the worse fishing trips I’ve ever had.

I'd rather be fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

one time me and a friend were fishin in my boat and hed never used the trollin motor before
    and we only 16 and 14 so we arent as "wise" as some of yall
    but he asked could he drive so i said sure
    and we pull up beside a dock and startin jiggin
    and were holdin on to the dock and he gets his jig hung on one of the poles and he bent over to reach and grab it and when he did he hit the trollin motor with his knee and it went the other way
    and he was strechin out
    then he was in a bad position with his feet on the boat and his hands on the dock and he decided to try to get onto one of em
    which im still not sure of which one
    but sure enough
    he went into the water

Post Thanks / Like

Default Uncle Hubert

I have an Uncle that is very tight! He was fishing off a dock one day and got a 10 cent jig hung up on a limb. He could not stand the thought of losing his jig and bending/streching trying to reach the jig. All of a sudden SPLASH, he went in the lake. I will never forget his words while he was splashing around trying to get out. "I'll be a SOB". I get a big "gut" laugh everytime I think about it!::D :D :D :D

Foxy is offline Moderator Massachusetts Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Reminds me of the time when I was 16 and me and some of my hooligan friends decided to go swining on the rope swing over the river - in FEBURARY. We all took out turn and then my friend Matt grabbed the rope, swung, and went SMACK right into a tree, tumbling into the frigid water below. I'll never forget him screaming 'help, help' and trying to scurry up the bank lol. We put him in the car, took his clothes off and blasted the heat. His teeth were still clicking together over an hour later