Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Jerk Baits 4 Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jerk Baits 4 Crappie

I've heard a lot about people catching crappie on jerk baits. Mostly around boat docks on LOZ. Any rate, how well does this work? What kind of jerk baits do you use? Size? Color? Rod? Methods?

Thanks for any info.

Brad
    Can You Find, "LIMITVILLE!!!" :D

Post Thanks / Like

kinda like fishing for bass,limber rod,smithwick rogue type lures,,most always some form of shad color,,, mr baker on here has had some success at this in the clear water areas of loz he may be able to further explain the process
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Wish I could help but this year has been tough for me so far. Have done pretty well in the past with various brands and sizes of of jerk baits. Last year did best with Lucky Craft DD65's in chartreuse shad and Berkley Frenzy Shads in a shad color. (Have to add weight to the Frenzy Shads to make them perfectly neutrally buoyant). I fish them in many different ways. It just depends on the conditions, where the fish are and where they want it. Sometimes they are on main lake points, secondary points, under dock corners, under balls of shad on the ends of big condo docks, on channel banks in the backs of creeks, suspended over brush, etc. I know this doesn't pinpoint them very well but they change from day to day. If you have any info. on how to catch them right now, please share it with me.
    Mike