Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: what size rod is your favorite

Post Thanks / Like

Default what size rod is your favorite

just curious what your all's favorite rod length to use when crappie fishing. when i was a kid my dad started me with just a little old 4 footer. but i have graduated and consider myself a little more advanced and like to use my new 7 1/2 ozark rod (thanx bug's, best advice you have given me) love it! what are some of your guy's top choice's or what do you use the majority of the time when your on the water?
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Depends on the type of fishing. I like a 10 ft. rod to verticle fish with over brush, a 6.5 ft. rod to cast with and a 6 ft. rod to fish a jerk bait. I use 12 to 16 ft. rods to spider rig with and a 7 or 7.5 ft. fiberglass rod to throw crankbaits on. I use a 6.5 ft. rod to verticle fish with off my dock.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

I love my 6.6 and 7 ML spinning with a fast tip. Great cushion for using braid and sensitive to the bite. Good for all the inshore salties and most freshwater too. If I had only one rod, that would be it.
    Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. :rolleyes:

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, what a great qustion. We can all learn from each other. I like a 10 - 12 ' B & M for dipping, 6' 6" for pitching jigs, 7' for minnow fishing over deep brush & 5' for shooting docks!

As along as I can be on the water and have a rod any will do.
    Can You Find, "LIMITVILLE!!!" :D

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been using 9ft. Quantum designed by Huckabee for an all around rod and love it. I use a 10 ft. Ozark for dipping. Jeff is that 7 1/2 ft. Ozark a one piece rod? If so I need one for canoe trips.

Post Thanks / Like

11' Ozark and 6'6" Ozark (I won this one @ the 06' fall camp)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jigging15
    I have been using 9ft. Quantum designed by Huckabee for an all around rod and love it. I use a 10 ft. Ozark for dipping. Jeff is that 7 1/2 ft. Ozark a one piece rod? If so I need one for canoe trips.
    it's a two-piece jared. only got to use it 3 time's and i know i'm gonna love it. plan on investing in another one as well as a couple 10 ft jigg'n pole's. i just got off midsouth tackle and ordered 34 different colors of there super jig's (bug's say's there the best in his opinion and that's good enough for me:D ) man when this bass pro open's up across the street from my house i'm in trouble be my second home. think'n about get'n a part time job there for my fishing expenses. 40% employee discount

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mr. baker
    Depends on the type of fishing. I like a 10 ft. rod to verticle fish with over brush, a 6.5 ft. rod to cast with and a 6 ft. rod to fish a jerk bait. I use 12 to 16 ft. rods to spider rig with and a 7 or 7.5 ft. fiberglass rod to throw crankbaits on. I use a 6.5 ft. rod to verticle fish with off my dock.

hey mike how has the jerkbait fishing been going for ya, much success lately?

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

10' B&M for jig fishing. 16's, 14's 12's and 10's for slow trolling and spider rigging. 12', 7' and 5' for trolling crank baits. 6' medium light and a 5' ultralight for casting jigs and roadrunners.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I nornally use 10' ozark rods for my dipping and I have a 6'6" g-loomis and a 7'6" ozark for casting. Plan on getting all my trolling stuff when I get back from my 8 month vacation to sunny Kuwait/Iraq. Guys I'm gonna need you all to show me how to do this spider rigging thing. Maybe at Grenada in Oct!!!
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast