Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of switching lines, Berkely "fire line" any good??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thinking of switching lines, Berkely "fire line" any good??

Was wanting to step up to a heavier duty "super line", was wanting to know about the fireline, is it any good and how do you like it if you use it? Any complaints or likes / dislikes?? Thanks for any replies.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lum
    Was wanting to step up to a heavier duty "super line", was wanting to know about the fireline, is it any good and how do you like it if you use it? Any complaints or likes / dislikes?? Thanks for any replies.
    I have heard a lot of good things about Power Pro, and if you are thinking of spending that much on Fireline you might want to consider Power Pro also.....lots of people on this board use it...I have just put some on one of my rods, but have yet to put it to good use....
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Default line.

Where do you order Power Pro from? Does Cabelas have it? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

We get ours at Cabela's, Prefer it to fire line.

Post Thanks / Like

Default line

Just ordered some. I hope it isn't like some of the other "super lines" that are a magnet to all the little floating, micro trash on the water. Some of the other lines i have used does this very thing. I only want the line for vertical fishing, guess i'm just ready to go to some other kind of lines. I have been using Wally Marshall line, it is pretty good line but i just want to try something different to say i've been there and done it. Thanks for the info. guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Just ordered some. I hope it isn't like some of the other "super lines" that are a magnet to all the little floating, micro trash on the water. Some of the other lines i have used does this very thing. I only want the line for vertical fishing, guess i'm just ready to go to some other kind of lines. I have been using Wally Marshall line, it is pretty good line but i just want to try something different to say i've been there and done it. Thanks for the info. guys.
    \

Anytime...I still use a good bit of that Wally Marshall line..I really like it especially for the price......I use 90% of the time his 4lb test, but have recently tried the 6lb and have been very happy with that as well.

But, just like I have said I have also just spooled on some Power Pro, so I can't say yet what I think of it.....
    ><)))*>

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

My dad and one of my uncles use Fireline all the time and they seem to be happy with it. I prefer Spider Wire in braided line, just personal preference no real reason, I've just always used it. My other uncle and I prefer mono and I'm becoming a fan of the Mr Crappie
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stren

I bought a spool of Berkley Fireline and a spool of Stren Super Braid. I liked the Stren way better than the fireline. It's all personal preference really.
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

Might want to put on some kelvar gloves if you get hung up and decide to pull on the line to get the hook free. That line will tear up you hands before it breaks.

Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Moose1am
    Might want to put on some kelvar gloves if you get hung up and decide to pull on the line to get the hook free. That line will tear up you hands before it breaks.
    That is why I haven't become too big of a fan of those superlines/superbraids yet.....
    ><)))*>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast