Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sirius Satellite Radio

Indian Rocks Beach, Florida, United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sirius Satellite Radio

Anyone have this and is it worth having?
    You can't finish what you don't start

Post Thanks / Like

A friend of mine just got it and loves it. It has programs you won't find elsewhere (like Howard Stern) and no commercials.

Post Thanks / Like

Once you get a sirius, the regular radio sounds like noise with all the commercials and such. Like stated, theres lots of exclusive programming that is worth a listen too. If you like it, they offer a lifetime subscription rate of $400 which pretty much equals three years subscription.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by big "E"
    Once you get a sirius, the regular radio sounds like noise with all the commercials and such. Like stated, theres lots of exclusive programming that is worth a listen too. If you like it, they offer a lifetime subscription rate of $400 which pretty much equals three years subscription.
    I got my ole lady a sirus for Christmas for her van.(We pay monthly $14.95) The lifetime fee is good but has 1 kick back......If you get lifetime & your radio deck tears up or they just make a new one you like better they charge you $75 to just switch radio & activate your new one.....If you pay monthly they said you could change radios daily with no extra charge.I would callem & reverify this before getting the lifetime deal.

But as for the radio.....has music we all like & has several sports channels that will come in handy....matter of fact in just a week from now nascar will be on it racin :D

Indian Rocks Beach, Florida, United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Do they cover the race or just the Tony Show? That's one reason I'm looking into getting it.
    You can't finish what you don't start

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Downwind
    Do they cover the race or just the Tony Show? That's one reason I'm looking into getting it.
    When I have listen to our friends last year they covered lap by lap just like tv.Just not a commercial every minute or 2.

Post Thanks / Like

I had Sirius...and liked it until SEC football went to XM. So I changed,
    and XM seems to be just about as good. I would make my choice based
    on the programming that is offered on each one. Good Luck !

Post Thanks / Like

There is a merger between the two companies that is just about a done deal. They are just waiting for congress to okay it. So programming for both will be available on one soon enough. I dont listen to nascar but I am told by my friends that they not only do lap by lap, but also have individual channels to listen to each crews interaction with the drivers. If you like to get REALLY into it then that woud be a plus I'd imagine.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

We have it in our van, but I we are disapointed in it. Beware if you have children, satelite programs have a lot of freedom.

VERY sexually explicit, cursing, etc. Some stations are worse of course (Howard Stern), but even the other regular stations play uncut versions of songs, you may have never heard. Callers call in and speak there mind and it can be anything.

I have kids and personally do not enjoy listening to it by myself. If it doesn't bother you or your family... it may be worth $15 a month.
    This only my opinion, but nothing you can say will change my mind. That makes it a FACT.

Today is a Blessed Day and a Prosperous Day

Post Thanks / Like

Just when/if you get it channel 198 is free ( but you can have it not turned on ) its the playboy channel & I have heard it on a friends & made sure it wasnt turned on ours......It's very vulgar.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast