Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New combo

Post Thanks / Like

Default New combo

has anyone ever used a Quantum Snapshot SS10 combo? I got one as a gift for my birthday and it looks like a sweet ultra-light outfit. I've already spooled it up with 4# test mono and am itching to give it a try. Just curious to hear any reviews anyone might want to share.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 of them an old ss20 and a newss30 a little larger than the one you have. being left handed they sure make casting easier for me I don't stick my finger in the bail when getting the line I have no problems with mine, but I saw another thread on here talking about problems with them like the trigger breaking and so on. I'm thinking about getting the small one as it's on clearance at my store $17.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I was using all Mitchell 500UL's but after busting the drag nuts several times (plastic, no doubt ) I began switching 'em out at Walmart getting the Quantum SS10's instead. I have around a dozen of 'em now and am very pleased. I rarely cast rather I tightline fish at night but the drags work great. Another good real for about the same money ($20 at Walmart) is the Quantum Optix 10 (I found them at Academy Sports). Some of my Quantums are 3 years old now. They get used alot and are still working as good as new. It's a decent rod/reel combo for the money and it wont break the bank if it ever goes overboard.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Is this the one that has the pin that picks up the line so you can cast without touching the line? If it is then I didn't like them. I have 2 of them and I open the bail by hand and cast like normal with the line on my finger. Just more things to go wrong. Nothing works as well as the simple way.
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to mention, I never use the trigger. I stick with opening the bail if casting. I always lighten the drag and count down when tightlining.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

I have an SE3 Express Snapshot oh around 12 years old or more. I used it from new for two seasons then had baitcaster itch. I used it now and then over the years. I cleaned it greased it this past summer and still works good. So I would say 3 seasons total use and the snapshot still works fine.