Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tackle boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tackle boxes

What kind of tackle boxes do yall use? I am in search of a new one and not sure what I want...I just want to put my crappie stuff in it and the less junk the better...Tubes, pliers, bait pump, jigs, corks etc..I had a plano but its busted already...anyone sell any on here?

Post Thanks / Like

I use a tackle bag style, with multiple boxes with lots of small compartments for different jigs and jigheads. Plus it has pockets around the edge for pliers and other acessories.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with ejones. Tackle bag w/ 8 divided boxes from Walmart at 1/2 of what BPS wanted for the same thing. Room for jig heads, plastics, hooks, floats, sinkers, etc, etc. Lots of pockets for all the other goodies. One bag for Crappie, catfish, and gills.

I can take it on my boat or pick it and rods up and hop in a friends boat.

George
    George Clarke

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

No more hard boxes for me. Tackle bag with divided boxes inside, each holding a different class of lures. If you bust one, its easy and cheaply replaced.
    From the bayou,
    PawPaw "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with the rest of them, tackle bag. It has room for everything I have and a little more. I'd never go back to plastic.:D

Post Thanks / Like

I am with the others, I use the Tackle bags.

Later
    BamaMan

BamaMan

Post Thanks / Like

Bamaman check pm

Post Thanks / Like

I got the new xps roller bag as a gift. I really like the bags over the boxes.

Post Thanks / Like

Default bags VS boxes

Tackle Bags get my vote, plenty of room, better organized.. They don't pop open and spill everything either when one latch breaks or is left open, another plus.
    Take a Kid fishing, keep only enough to eat, and release the rest to spawn again. Pop

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with the rest of the gang on this one. A bag full of plano 3600 boxes, but I actually like Bass Pro's 36 series boxes better. Same size as the plano, but the latches are better - won't break off over time.

Using the different boxes, I sort my lures by type into separate boxes and only take the boxes that I'll use for the species of fish I'm going after. The bags all have shoulder straps and make it a lot easier than lugging around several smaller or one huge "tackle box".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast